Infantry

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Re:Infantry

Post by BOSTON »

Ephrum

I might of had the color wrong, however it was the same idea as you were talking about.;)

Happy Holiday, hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Ephrum
Reactions:

Post by Ephrum »

hoistingman4 wrote:
Ephrum

I might of had the color wrong, however it was the same idea as you were talking about.;)

Happy Holiday, hoistingman4
I should've asked, rather than assume!:blush:

Happy Holiday to you as well hoistingman4!:)
OHIO UNIVERSITY
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Ephrum Wrote: As for detatched regiments, I just TC them. Then they won't go wondering around on their own. Again, just a personal preference.
Please don't misunderstand me ironsight. I'm not trying to be argumentative with you. I like discussing this stuff.
Me argumentative?:woohoo: Pay no attention to the hundreds of my posts at R&R on the old forum!:laugh:

The big problem with TC'ing a regiment say to gaurd a battery is they won't automatically wheel to aim at the enemy.

As far as regiments following the road, i geuss it all boils down to the style one plays a battle. Personally, whenever possible, i like to keep my Brigades intact and if necessary have the brigade follow the road if its needed elsewhere.
Now the caveat to that is if i'm in an A-holes 'n Elbows engagement where there are multiple brigades of mine around. In that case, regiments are ordered to the sound of gunfire helter skelter irregardless of keeping them togather as a fighting unit. When the free for all brawl is over, i reform each brigade and take it from there.

The only time i can think of where the regiment following the road thing might be beneficial is if i detatch a regiment to gaurd a distant forward battery.
Vonviper
Reactions:

Post by Vonviper »

ironsight wrote:
Vonviperi agree there should be some elbow room left for future modders.
HOWEVER, the mods at least in TC2M typically don't play as well as the stock battles.
Maybe this won't be the case with the new game!
you know the only reason i've stopped modding TC2M is i'm apart of NSD team now designing our first title which i hope to be apart of many more to come :) either case PR6 is better than PR5 need i say more..
but TC2M was far from reaching its full potential it takes some time for people to learn the full realm of its capacity.. as a matter of fact it will be a lot more challenging for modders to mod NSDs game because it uses a better engine, the artist and designers are going all out, you can count on seeing a better produced game..
chattanooga was my first map really from almost scratch-OnUp build..i learned alot and had plans of doing a whole lot more i was just getting started but things change new paths have open and now i love my new position here at NSD my time is devoted to designing sounds now, its just the coarse of things..

Ephrum wrote:
I feel kind of like when I was a kid, staring at the toy soldier sets in the Sears Christmas Catalog

o yea well i feel like an ELF
i get to make the toy soldier talk then i got to pass it down the line to another ELF who paints it, to another who packs it up then places the gift on santa's slay
what happened did i miss something along the way hahaha....

Vnvpr
Two turn tables and a micro-phone
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

And I would be the ELF that makes sure they DIE as many times as possible! :evil:

Then *POOOOOF* they come back to life.:cheer:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

There are some seriously cool ones that are metal for five dollars.
Hancock the Superb