Type of License?

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Type of License?

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I am wondering something. Since trying to compile the list of mods for this most incredible game, I am wondering what type of license would these mods fall under?

Would it be GNU/GPL, GNU/LGPL, Creative Commons or NSD Creative License (no idea even if there is such a thing as NSD Creative License).

There is an option to add type of licenses for the modifications. I always wondered about what type of license mods would fall under.

Any Ideas?
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Type of License?

Haaaa, section 6 of the End User License reads "The Licensee also agrees to read up on the American Civil War so that they sound like they have a clue when involved in a Multiplayer Campaign and on the SOW forums."

Man I know next to nothing about the American Civilwar...damn I broke the conditional agreement just by posting on SOWgb. :pinch:

You have to like the small tidbits of info while thumbing through NSD's license agreement. It just shows you folks have a good sense of humor.

Cheers.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Just a small update on searching for what type of license agreement modifications may fall under. I am leaning more toward "Creative Commons". Here is the link to what Creative Commons is, and why it might apply to Modifications for games...

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons

Note: Remember this is a Wiki so don't believe everything you read.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Most mods, this game included, cannot be sold. They cannot be downloaded exclusively behind a membership type site. I do believe that the modder could include certain protections in the reuse of their work. Like indicating that anyone using the work must mention the original author.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Understood.