Has the courier pathing been fixed in 1.4?

Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Has the courier pathing been fixed in 1.4?

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hmmm, is the courier pathing going to be fixed?

Scenario: Sandbox Division vs Division
Map: Gettysburg (My favorite)
Type: Attack

The army commander sent out it's orders to a division which was no more than 250 yards away, but the courier took a road that just boggled my mind. Instead of the courier taking the direct route, it followed a road going north, then took the first right heading south east, and traveled that for awhile, then took a road west which finally got him to the division.

Meanwhile I am approaching my objective, and starting to see the enemy approach all the while I'm starting to get nervous because the division which I thought would be in someway going to offer me some support just started to move toward the objective.

Eventually I was fighting for my life while this division commander picked his nose, and the courier should have been shot for being so bloody stupid, and slow.

When I send out a courier, it heads straight out, and delivers it's orders without any flaws which is what should happen.

I don't know I just find this so annoying sometimes especially when time is of the essence.

Just thought I would see if anything new with the courier pathing in patch 1.4 has changed any.
norb
Reactions:

Re: Has the courier pathing been fixed in 1.4?

Post by norb »

Yes, Conor ran me through the ringer on this and we narrowed it down and found some issues. It may not be exactly what everyone wants, but we did find some bugs in there and fix them.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Yes, Conor ran me through the ringer on this and we narrowed it down and found some issues. It may not be exactly what everyone wants, but we did find some bugs in there and fix them.
Thanks allot Norb, I appreciate it.

Must get back to my game, it's running in the background right now. :)
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

If I remember correctly it had to do with couriers running right through lines and sometimes never trying the direct route.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

If I remember correctly it had to do with couriers running right through lines and sometimes never trying the direct route.
Oh okay, no problem. I have noticed that so far when I have used the courier with the new patch not one of them has died yet or ride headlong into enemy fire like they use to do...

Cool. :)