Awesome New Battle

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
burymeonthefield
Reactions:

Awesome New Battle

Post by burymeonthefield »

The new Antietam series has fantastic graphics. The corn is especially so realistic. (Also resilient as it is not knocked down as it was in the battle.) I especially enjoyed that Hood's men and Hill's men do not automatically march as they did in the tc2m version.

The 11 hour battle scenario is outstanding. I was caught off guard when there were slight variations. I also lost far too many men trying to defend the point positions. Also, B. Anderson's brigade was so far forward that it was encircled and almost destroyed. I'm sure I lost all the points from defending the position.

Is it my imagination, or is the artillery not as effective? At one point I had 8 cannons within 150 yards of the enemy firing canister with almost no effect.

Thanks Norb and team for hours and hours of enjoyment! I am disabled and your work has saved me from utter boredorm.

Burymeonthefield :)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Awesome New Battle

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks for the kind words, they help overcome the occasional squeaks.

Regarding the ineffective arty, probably 3 inch guns with green crews. Arty was not touched with this patch.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Awesome New Battle

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Oops, I selected Thank You by mistake......aaaahh.