Near Term

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Near Term

Post by KG_Soldier »

"I've also heard about a "retreat bug" that people are using, I need to find out exactly what this means. It may be the same as the "spamming retreat" thing I described."

I think you're referring to the use of the "run away" button on RebBugler's MP toolbar. It's basically a retreat without the moral hit and you can give them a location to retreat to.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

"I've also heard about a "retreat bug" that people are using, I need to find out exactly what this means. It may be the same as the "spamming retreat" thing I described."

I think you're referring to the use of the "run away" button on RebBugler's MP toolbar. It's basically a retreat without the moral hit and you can give them a location to retreat to.
Mr. Snell.....where is that button located on the toolbar....can't seem to find it.

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Mr. Snell.....where is that button located on the toolbar....can't seem to find it.

J
I rarely use it, Jack. And I can't remember off hand which button it is. But I'll be happy to show you this evening. If Writer is around, ask him. He loves it.
General P R Cleburne
Reactions:

Post by General P R Cleburne »

Sounds like a "Beam me up Scottie" button to me.Not sure too many of them would have been available in 1863.....Did we forget how this war was fought somewhere along the way?Why do people use this stuff and think nothing of it?
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Sounds like a "Beam me up Scottie" button to me.Not sure too many of them would have been available in 1863.....Did we forget how this war was fought somewhere along the way?Why do people use this stuff and think nothing of it?
I don't use it. I have before, but not in several months. Perhaps you should ask RebBugler why he put it in his MP toolbar.

If you build it, they will come.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I don't use it. I have before, but not in several months. Perhaps you should ask RebBugler why he put it in his MP toolbar.

If you build it, they will come.
It was built as a 'Retreat To' button to help folks keep retreating troops from re-meleeing. It's not absolute, sometimes it changes the location clicked to, so, kinda realistic, troops panic, flee to another local.
If they squeak, I shall build it
:)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
General P R Cleburne
Reactions:

Post by General P R Cleburne »

Agreed sir.Sometimes it does change the location clicked to.And sometimes that new location will be on the other side of an enemy division and they will retreat right through them and yonder only to reform in a new position that would have been impossible for them to get to before they started this odd manouvre.Not very realistic,but i guess its also up to the General in charge as to wether this happens, not just the command on the toolbar.
I dont think you can blame the toolbar for providing these commands.Surely it comes down to the individual commanding, wether or not his troops perform these commands.No poke at any player here just some food for thought.Id imagine that the toolbar was intended more for single player offline modes and provides alot of useful commands for this purpose.
Last edited by General P R Cleburne on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.