Trees

con20or
Reactions:

Trees

Post by con20or »

How often do you guys switch trees off (press the 'T' key) when playing? I always feel its a bit of a cheat, but still always do it :whistle:

I justify it to myself that I would have better line of sight through trees in real life, but I also have the trees transparent to 100m or whatever the default is which is the same thing.

Makes me think I might delete it as an option from my csv...
Chris G.
Reactions:

Re: Trees

Post by Chris G. »

Generally leave them on, unless I need to turn them off long enough to click on a regiment or leaders flag icon if I can't see it.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

If I'm fighting in the woods, I turn them off.
A.S. Johnston
Reactions:

Post by A.S. Johnston »

What Chris G. said.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

And you guys all play HITS?
A.S. Johnston
Reactions:

Post by A.S. Johnston »

Yes. To me, it is the equivalent of the officer moving his horse around a bit seeking a line of sight not blocked by the trees. Once I have the unit I need, I turn them back on. I never use them for recon if no enemy units are in sight, nor do I use it in conjunction with the 'binocular' toggle key. Some things are just ... well, 'bad form' to coin a phrase ;) .
Chris G.
Reactions:

Post by Chris G. »

Yep, it's the only way to play HITS. Just as my most noble commander has said, (by the way, evening sir *salute*) i'll turn them off long enough to find a units icon when they're in thick brush, but never use my field glasses or any other advantage while they're off.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I'm with Chris G. That is about the only time I use the option.