Victory Point changed location

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Gfran64
Reactions:

Victory Point changed location

Post by Gfran64 »

I was wondering if there was going to be some kind of a heads up of some kind during the scenarios that the VP location has changed. Or possibly a map in the beginning that shows where the VP will be located and when it will be there. This way the first time you play the scenario you will have a good feel for where you should be at about what time. Sometimes when I play the scenarios I get so wrapped up in the action that I forget to check the VP and I find it's in a new location and I'm not prepared to move troops there and I have no idea when the VP change happened. :)

Thanks,

Greg
norb
Reactions:

Re:Victory Point changed location

Post by norb »

Sounds like a real life problem that officer's faced.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

I would like to see a progression of VP's. If a Division commander or Corps commander knew what his objective was and achieved it, but still had his troops in good shape, he would have pushed forward. Some of the scenerio's in TC2M were stale after the first 10 minutes because you had achieved your objective. No one was going to attack you, so you had to just sit there for 20+ minutes waiting for the scenerio to end.

If you are on the defensive, a static VP is ok, but for offensive scenrio's we should at least be given the option of continuing our advance.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I would like to see some winning places, but not victory points. You either get the place to win, the scenario goes on through a couter-attack or something; or the game ends any you might win if you score high enough.
Hancock the Superb
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

All of these options are available to the scenario designer. If you don't like what comes with the came, write your own. This game will have more options for the scenario writer than was available before.
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Nice.
Hancock the Superb