Light infantry in Skirmish Order

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Light infantry in Skirmish Order

Post by Jack ONeill »

Tank,

This just jumped back at me. Somebody, (RB maybe), did a toolbar mod with a "100 yard advance" button on it. So, it IS possible, I think, to add what you are asking for. I cannot do it because I have limited knowledge of that kind of modding, but someone can, I'm sure of it.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thanks to you both, I have Garnier's version of that toolbar. That was my next question - by a "short" movement order do you guys mean using the "advance 100 yds" button or just clicking a very short way in front of the unit on the terrain - or both?

I also assume you don't TC your unit when giving this order, so that it's commander stops when he knows he's in range and can see the enemy?
Last edited by Saddletank on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Just a short movement order, Digby. They won't stop if they're TC'd.

It's a very effective tactic, especially in woods, as there seems to be some strange lines of sight in most woods.
If my boys are in a firefight in the woods, I watch to see which regiments aren't firing and give them short movement orders. When they find line of sight, they'll stop and start shooting.
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the last bit
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Cheers, KG.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Tank,

To follow on from KG's point, by short movement order I do one of two things - either just click the ground say 20-30 yards in front of the unit I wish to move OR I use a short waypoint move by setting a wwaypoint with the "control" key. The downside to that is units generally do not halt until they reach their destination. The problem with the first way is sometimes a unit will take the uber-long way around to get where you want them to go. I will TC them to avoid this. Mostly it works.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"