Control of Artillery Units in Hills Division, Antietam Hill to the Rescue Scenario

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
wadortch
Reactions:

Re: Control of Artillery Units in Hills Division, Antietam Hill to the Rescue Scenario

Post by wadortch »

Great Jack.
I am pretty sure I am doing everything right to get them to move.
Interested in what you experience trying to move em.
Walt
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Re: Control of Artillery Units in Hills Division, Antietam Hill to the Rescue Scenario

Post by Gudadantza »

I´d suggest to use a toolbar mod to try with some extra buttons. You select the captain or officer and press attach subordinates as a whole.

Perhaps it works.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

TC the battery commander
You are TC'ing the commander?
Wadortch, have you clicked the flag button, the one that gives you control over the commander, or is it still under AI control. It is referred to as TC or Take Command.
Last edited by con20or on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

And what about using the Orders map directly? Press N, choose a place and see if your artillery follow you.

If not, monitor if they have finished their contracts :)
wadortch
Reactions:

Post by wadortch »

Hello.
Yes, the full array of buttons appear in the "rock" after I do this for the battery commander. I then double left click on the battery commanders destination and then click battery line formation. The location "arrows" for the guns at the destination site then briefly appear, then vanish.
Guns do not move.
Walt
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Wad,

I don't know what to say. AN16-Hill answers the Call, right? I have zero problem getting the guns to move with their respective Battery Commanders. All the guns are attached the their commanders at the beginning of the scenario. Now, I will say that many of the guns are already unlimbering to fire as they are in range of the Damned Yankees, but not all of them. This can make it a bit difficult to move them, but they should still follow orders.
I am truly at a loss to understand what is happening when you play. I regret I have no answer for you.

Jack :(
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Folks have already said it...TC, Take Control of the arty CO. Select him, select Take Control (Flag on toolbar), double click desired location, select formation. If the guns are unlimbered they will limber and follow.

Arty officers are always stubborn to move once the enemy is sighted. They must ALWAYS be TC'd to control.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
wadortch
Reactions:

Post by wadortch »

Thanks to all. It was clicking on the TC Flag on the button rock step I was missing. NEWB mistake. Really appreciate the responses.
Walt
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

DOH!

:laugh:
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"