how to read the map [places} for courier commands

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
mantrain
Reactions:

how to read the map [places} for courier commands

Post by mantrain »

I really like the feature of sending courier messages. However, I find it hard, if not impossible to read the various names of the map locations. For example, I am playing a large Pikes Peak scenario. It is a large map, with many locations. when I click on give orders, and order a unit to move somewhere, how do I read the location on the map? Thanks!
con20or
Reactions:

Re: how to read the map [places} for courier commands

Post by con20or »

Yeh, thats unavoidable with the historical maps unfortunately. They are too big to be easily read on a screen.

But if you dont mind giving those up, try this mod. I use it, i think its great!

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... creens-mod
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

Another thing to do is print out decent-sized maps, make sure you can read the place names and keep it in a clear plastic folder/sleeve. You can then annotate it during a battle using a whiteboard marker & then rub off to use again.

I've lost count of the number of times I've started a courier message only to forget the name of the place I want to send someone to ...
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thank God, its not just me!

I know I've looked for the "save draft" button on my courier e-mail screen several times.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

I guess The problem could be softer installing the map mod. I appears to make it bigger and more readable but I am running the game in a laptop and the vertical res is less than 1024...snifff :blush: So I can not use it.
Last edited by Gudadantza on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I've lost count of the number of times I've started a courier message only to forget the name of the place I want to send someone to ...
Hah!

I've lost count of the number of times that I have written out a movement order and forgot the Generals name that this particular General were to deploy beside.

And worst than that, I went out and got a ton of scratch-pads to keep account of who is where, and I still forget to write it down.

The hidden-pressure of animated combat!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Hehhe, doing all this on your own you can appreciate how useful a well-trained staff could be!
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.