Cavalry battle at Alteglofsheim

gunship24
Reactions:

Re: Cavalry battle at Alteglofsheim

Post by gunship24 »

Nice one Jack. I have no plans to do Baden sprites but if you have a Wuttemberg pic i could do light horse. I aways do sprites that are likely to be used for several OOBs, so the more obscure sprites i dont do so i can focus on the ones that are used alot.
Leatherneck24
Reactions:

Post by Leatherneck24 »

Here are 3 pictures of Wurtemberg light cavalry Jager zu Pferd and two of their Chevaulegers a type of light dragoon mix of light cavalry and line cavalry. Probably best color for the Jager would be a green with yellow trim or u could do pink and Chevaulegers in a blue dragoon coat with orange collar and trim. Hope this helps!
Attachments
30bbf982000d.jpg
30bbf982000d.jpg (242.8 KiB) Viewed 154 times
6e13152d2e7c.jpg
6e13152d2e7c.jpg (96.36 KiB) Viewed 154 times
f47662ab5474.jpg
f47662ab5474.jpg (304.61 KiB) Viewed 154 times
vol10pl53.jpg
vol10pl53.jpg (75.98 KiB) Viewed 154 times
d987a72b0bcb.jpg
d987a72b0bcb.jpg (72.92 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Last edited by Leatherneck24 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pas de charge! In the name of God, En Avant!-En avant, vive L'Empereur!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

My understanding of the various 'chaveulegers' of several German states is that they are the equivalent of the light dragoons of Britain and the Chasseurs a Cheval of the French, being equipped with horses of slightly smaller stature than dragoons and very definitely smaller than cuirassiers or 'horse'.

They tended to lack the espirit de corps of the various hussar regiments that flamboyantly had more character in all the nations' armies and were certainly more soberly (and much more economically) uniformed.

I downloaded this mod weeks ago. I really must get round to playing it. It looks fantastic.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Spot-on Brother.

The literal translation IS "Light Horse." Your equivelants are correct. However, The various German nations Light Horse Troopers tended to be used as Battle Cavalry more so then French or British. This started back in the 18th. Century under Frederick the Great and seems to have continued on. I remember reading about some tiny Saxon Light Horse unit routing an enemy Heavy cavalry unit twice its size during the later Napoleanic wars, but don't remember the details.

Yes, this Mod is ragingly cool. Make sure you are using the updated one. There are two now.

Jack B)

Also, squares are really just for show. I use them all the time, just because it looks so cool. They WILL stand about 50% of the time. It is a good idea to TC them so they don't keep moving around to get the right firing angle. Too bad the AI doesn't use them. Jack.
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Thanks LN.

I use the website empire.histofig.com which has many great plates and those pics are like the ones they have so its always nice to finding matches sources.

Will look into doing some for the Wurttemberg update .. coming soon!
Last edited by gunship24 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Sweeeeeeet! (insert Cartman's voice here.)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Wurttemberg chasseurs are done ;), coming soon.

[edit]
Ok done, you need to download the new Day1&2 Gattensberg scenario's and have that enabled. To populate your OOB use the WUR_CH class. for commanders you can use WUR_CAV_CDR_CORPS, WUR_CAV_CDR_DIV and WUR_CAV_CDR_BRIG. There are also other new units check out the unitglobal.csv in the mod folder :) or the Day 2 OOB for further details.
Last edited by gunship24 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.