Poor performance post- v1.4.

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Rob Son of Paul
Reactions:

Re: Poor performance post- v1.4.

Post by Rob Son of Paul »

The problem I'm having (which I think is the problem that we're all having) is that my video card is running at desktop speed while in game. I have gtx 460 and I use afterburner monitor via my g15 keyboard so I can see the GPU speeds all the time as they are displayed on my keyboards lcd. My card runs at two speeds, desktop and full. Desktop speed is 405mhz core and 324mhz memory. Full speed is 760mhz core and 1800mhz memory. I start the SOW and see that while at the menu screens my card runs at full. But when I load into a game my card runs at desktop speed. I've tried fullscreen on and off with same results.

All other games my card runs at full speed while in those games...
Last edited by Rob Son of Paul on Thu May 03, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Re: Poor performance post- v1.4.

Post by Gudadantza »

One thing I can recommend and it does work for me (I have some fps gain but noticeable) is turning full screen off. In any case every computer will work better with full screen or windowed. Play with it. Try if it works.

When the battle is running the things will go better and smoother. Sincerely, for now, I prefer the performance in SoW than the loading times and general performance of Shogun 2 as an example.

Greetings.