Re: Gattensburg - A Napoleonic Gettysburg

Post by gunship24 »

Any indication in the log?
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Updated with Day 3. (see first post)

Delete the old version and install this one. Some are carryover.

Take on Napoleon's line with the d'Aspre's Grenadier Charge! Also the imperial guard and the Westphalian army are in the what-if scenario.
LaissezFaire
Reactions:

Post by LaissezFaire »

Gentlemen,

First of all, thanks to gunship24 and to everyone else who has been involved in this project.

I am considering purchasing SOWG just so I can play with the Napoleonic mods.

I was a big fan of Sid Meier's Gettysburg and have been pretty bummed that I cannot really play it on Windows 7 (at least not well). I have been told that SOWG is similar to SMG and that alone makes me interested.

But I really love the Napoleonic Wars and I think the game with this mod would be right up my alley. Am I correct in assuming that this mod is just a straight conversion of the Gettysburg scenarios in SOWG, with just the names and uniforms changed from SOWG (plus with Napoleonic cavalry added)?

If I do get this game and enjoy the Gattensburg mod, I'll definitely give Road to Wagram a try. Also looking forward to the Penninsula Campaign mod that seems to be in the works. Could it be that there might be Austerlitz, Waterloo and Borodino mods in the future...?

As a side note, I was curious if it might be possible at some point to release individual mods that change the uniforms without changing anything else? Where, instead of doing a whole new Wagram or Waterloo scenario, you could just release French/Austria/Russian/British/Prussian uniforms? You'd still have to modify OOBs but if modifying OOBs is anything like it was in SMG where it's just editing text files in Notepad, that shouldn't be too difficult even for an amateur like me.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Laiz,

First of all, welcome aboard. You wll find this Game lightyears beyond SMG, he of hallowed memory :) Try the demo for free and see what you think. It IS possible you will find that you like it and are screwed for life. The NapMod IS awesome! Baring a few technicalities, it runs a far sim of the Napoleonic Wars, both Gunships wonderful Gattenburg conversions and the Sandbox (Openplay) area.

Enjoy,

Jack "...to the sound of the guns, Forward!..." O'Neill B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Hi and welcome.

The Road to Wagram mod and Gattensberg Scenario addon brings napoleonic warfare to the game. Its near enough there with slight limitations on the cavalry fighting. I played the ACW side of each loads before i started modding for Napoleonic as the game is one of the best tactical sims going.

The Road to Wagram has all the units for the 1809 campaign and is needed to run the Gattensberg scenarios. Im currently working on a Peninsula mod.