OOB editor

He's on the board and he writes tons of useful tools to make modding that much easier.
william1993
Reactions:

OOB editor

Post by william1993 »

How do you use it?
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: OOB editor

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

How do you use it?
Hi William.

I know that it works straight out of the box meaning you can create your own random generated OOB right away. I could go into some of the details (not very deep I'm afraid) but that would spoil finding out for yourself by clicking away, and testing out some cool things.

So I'm only going to give you the most basics, and I mean bare bone basic (defaults).

Start Garnier's incredible editor, and I'll try to give a small explaination. Mind you though I'm not all that smart when it actually comes to this editor since I don't know all that much about it, but I grasped the principle of it, and just started poking around with it, and I was making my own small oobs for myself in a matter of a few minutes.

The attachment oobeditor1.JPG is no longer available
The attachment oobeditor2.jpg is no longer available
The attachment oobeditor3.JPG is no longer available
This is where you edit your size of both armies. Once you are done press the Generate OOB Button.
The attachment oobeditor4.jpg is no longer available
Wait until the OOB is generated. Once it is finished doing what it's doing, then press the "OOB Completed" button (boxed in RED) which will load both armies into the editor.
The attachment oobeditor5.JPG is no longer available
Now in this pic you can now start editing your armies Stats names, graphic files used etc... (Stay within the games coded parameters or you might get CTD's).
The attachment oobeditor6.JPG is no longer available
The attachment oobeditor7.jpg is no longer available
I hope this somehow explains the MOST BASIC's of this oob editor. There are options other than the most basic I showed you, but I'll leave that up to you since some of the most memorable moments in life is when you figure out how something works for yourself.... SO HAVE FUN!

:)
Attachments
oobeditor7.jpg
oobeditor7.jpg (146.39 KiB) Viewed 857 times
oobeditor6.JPG
oobeditor6.JPG (73.02 KiB) Viewed 857 times
oobeditor5.JPG
oobeditor5.JPG (54.25 KiB) Viewed 857 times
oobeditor4.jpg
oobeditor4.jpg (79.66 KiB) Viewed 857 times
oobeditor3.JPG
oobeditor3.JPG (53.42 KiB) Viewed 857 times
oobeditor2.jpg
oobeditor2.jpg (66.56 KiB) Viewed 857 times
oobeditor1.JPG
oobeditor1.JPG (38.72 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri May 18, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

I got that. I mean if I want to create my OWN OOB with my OWN regiments and batteries and all attachments. Can I do that?
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I got that. I mean if I want to create my OWN OOB with my OWN regiments and batteries and all attachments. Can I do that?
From what I know yes you can. You just have to stay within the coded parameters of the game itself. You can change pretty much everything (strength's, names, ammo amounts etc).

:)
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

What are these parameters
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

What are these parameters
Read Section 4.3 - FOLDER – OOBs in SDK Manual it explains it all there for you.

The attachment oob1.JPG is no longer available
The attachment oob2.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
oob2.JPG
oob2.JPG (238.12 KiB) Viewed 857 times
oob1.JPG
oob1.JPG (90.34 KiB) Viewed 857 times
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri May 18, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.