Great Games Last Night

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Great Games Last Night

Post by KG_Soldier »

http://www.sowmp.com/gcm/battles/battle/9945

Big, tough, hard nosed games yesterday. The one in the link above was particularly bloody.

No question about it: the GCM isn't for the faint of heart or the non-competitive.

But if you want gut busting tension and nonstop action, come join us.

www.sowmp.com
Jonah
Reactions:

Re: Great Games Last Night

Post by Jonah »

4 games in one evening all with 10+ players in each battle and that on a Friday night of all nights, games are starting as early as 5pm est, 10pm GMT so feel free to come along have some fun whinge a bit about Seal or MJP but most of all enjoy the tension and the ebb and flow of a full on battle against real people not just the AI. :)
Last edited by Jonah on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

http://www.sowmp.com/gcm/battles/battle/9945

Big, tough, hard nosed games yesterday. The one in the link above was particularly bloody.

No question about it: the GCM isn't for the faint of heart or the non-competitive.

But if you want gut busting tension and nonstop action, come join us.

www.sowmp.com
Did you record the game?

I don't understand why games like this are not recorded by using Fraps, then upload them to youtube.

Anyway, good to hear. The GCM mod is a marvel!
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

I think, Mike, most people are afraid of slowing the game down by using fraps or whatever.

But there are screenshots.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I think, Mike, most people are afraid of slowing the game down by using fraps or whatever.

But there are screenshots.
Frap's shouldn't slow down the because it doesn't use any bandwidth (doesn't broadcast live) unless you have one or more people not playing but only observing, and recording the battlefield that would or may slow things down simply because you now have one or two observers using bandwidth better left to the players to use.

I have done both (fraps, and procaster). Fraps works very well, Procaster is a hog, and should never be used for MP. Been there done that, and Procaster does lock the game while playing MP after awhile, so it should be avoided.

Just a thought. Screenies will work as well! :)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotay
Reactions:

Post by Turbotay »

The best way to get a video capture of a game, in my opinion, is to have an observer do it. Most players will be too concerned with keeping up with what is going on to make sure they getting good shots for a video. I know they way I play wouldn't be all that enjoyable to watch. I'm either off on the side making a flank march (boring to watch even for me) or in the middle of the fight moving the camera all over the place trying to keep tabs on enemy movement and making sure i'm adequately supporting the divisions on my left and right. So maybe one day soon we can toss in an extra commander or two into the OOB to use as embedded reporters, so to speak.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

When replays are available, which might be sometime this year, you'll be able to make videos of a battle by watching the replay.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

When replays are available, which might be sometime this year, you'll be able to make videos of a battle by watching the replay.
So if I am reading this right, the record function will also be for Muliplayer as well then?

I think having one person as an observer while an MP game is being played like Turbotay mentioned is the way to go. You guys would know much more since you folks play MP. I personally only broadcasted live one multiplayer game which went well until it locked the game which is not really anything I would recommend anyway since Procaster eats up bandwidth.

This is a mute point really when all you have to do is download the replay of a game when the new patch is released, and play it. I am wondering if NSD will be allowing for these replays be played through a 3rd party util meaning without us having to own the game to watch. Be cool as well to have Sid's map replay as well, or as an option.
@NSD:NORB: Just a thought here so don't get P.Oed at me for asking this, could you release a pre-beta, beta of the patch, and let the rest of us have at it? Don't you think you would make better progress if you used the minds here to play with it like Garnier (brilliant in my books). It's amazing the brain power here at your disposal. Just a thought!!!

You have a very strong resource here. We all know about bugs, and we can help you.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.