Maps of Antietam: GREAT Book for Scenario Ideas

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
bschulte
Reactions:

Maps of Antietam: GREAT Book for Scenario Ideas

Post by bschulte »

All,

I just recently received a review copy of Savas Beatie's new book The Maps of Antietam. It contains 124 full color, full page maps of the 1862 Maryland Campaign. The battle proper is represented in half hour to one hour increments in 50+ maps at the regimental and battery level. Anyone looking to design new scenarios for Antietam would do well to get this book. It truly is amazing. I'll be reviewing it over at TOCWOC - A Civil War Blog in a few weeks.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Maps of Antietam: GREAT Book for Scenario Ideas

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah, we tried to get a review copy from Savas back when we were developing Antietam, but it was too early and they were far from finished. Glad to see it's finally coming out.. I knew it would be amazing. :)
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

What other scenarios can they get?
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
bschulte
Reactions:

Post by bschulte »

William,

There are something like 52 maps on Antietam alone ion the book. I'd guess anyone purchasing the book could put together literally dozens of scenarios which have not yet been created for the SoW Antietam expansion. That's for Antietam alone. South Mountain would allow for more action as well.