map question

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
rebeltim
Reactions:

map question

Post by rebeltim »

i have a question involving the viewing map. Like MMG when you open the map, you will see your forces and the enemy forces that are visible. I was wondering will there be an option or will it be in multiplayer, that when you open the map, you just see the map, no enemy positions, maybe just your forces that you control are on the map. Kind of keeping the unknown all the time. If you like to see the full status of armies, then one click and you will see the full view. Don't know if this was already discussed. thanks.
Last edited by rebeltim on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Re:map question

Post by norb »

There is not going to be a preview or a prefight state of the game. It's an interesting idea, but not one that we could do now.
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

Norb if i understand rebeltim's question correctly, when the map is opened at anytime including well into a battle, will a MP be able to see ALL his opponents forces from an aerial view as in TC2M's enemy AI forces?
Or will the opposing MP forces be LOS visible only?
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Right now it works just like the single player game. We haven't really done any testing on how it plays. So I don't have an answer. If it stays as it is, it will be like single player, where you can see any enemy that is visible to any unit in your army.