Napoleonic Wars mod

redcoat
Reactions:

Re: Napoleonic Wars mod

Post by redcoat »

is there no way of doing more types of music? it played such a great part in napoleonic battles,perhaps the high he gods on mount norbolympus could help us out! cheers

edit;
another thought,its a small thing but i belive it would greatly improve the look of the game.
can we make the colours carried by the various regts look as if they are actually being held by the sprite whos has that task? rather than floating just above their head?

and how about some units in greatcoats? cheers
Still working on the music. I think what will work is to pick several tunes that sound like march tunes and use those across all units. Historical accuracy will have to be wavered here.

It is possible to make a flag carrier sprite that is holding a flag. It could also be animated so the flag moves around in the wind. There still requires to be a 'flag' to actually select the unit. If a flag carrier existed then i suppose you could make the small unit icons i use for commanders and artillery be the unit selector. This would look like Total War. Difficulty with two flags of course.

Other sprites I have toyed with is to increase the flag sprite to include a musician or drummer to walk along side him.

I have also played around with rendering out two sprites standing next to each other for the regular infantry to show therfore 250 men in a unit rather than 125 single sprites. I needed to change the formations to make them fit, and reduced the overall size a bit as i think they are the equivalent of about 12 foot high in the stock game. The column was quite long!
well,i suppose we'll just have to make best where the musics concerned.but please dont have the british marching to a french tune!
it would be just..wrong!
i think the main thing i'd like to have is the ability to have the french attack in the correct style.
clouds of skirmishers out in front followed by column attack supported by horse artillery i.e classic napoleonic attack.
ive only had time to fight one or two battles and it was a shame to see the french infantry march up,a regt at a time and form lines and start firing instead of huge columns crashing into my line with the pas de charge thundering in my ears,to be met by my lads thumping out vollys to stop them!

and im throwing out a prayer to norb and the gamemakers up there on norbolympus.
i have made the appropriate sacrifices,(although finding a virgin around here was a job and a half!)
is there any way you can help us get more battle music into this brilliant mod?
this is the napoleonic wars,our chaps like to fight to music!
send us your wisdom oh perpetrator of pixels!
and i promise if you ever come to merry old england,i will take you to a certain club of which i am the head doorman and induce you to forget programming for an hour or two! cheers
Last edited by redcoat on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.