NorbsoftDev and Slitherine Inc announce a publishing agreement

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: NorbsoftDev and Slitherine Inc announce a publishing agreement

Post by Garnier »

It'll be awkward if anyone actually buys chancellorsville standalone -- they won't be able to play chancellorsville OR gettysburg in multiplayer with those who just have gettysburg. This would leave the few free maps as the lowest common denominator.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Can people who buy Chancellorsville standalone use mods in multiplayer with people who have SOWGB?
Good question...not a clue. Once the dust has settled, maybe we'll be able to run some tests. But right now, we're kinda in a Flurry of Transition. And all our efforts are focused on making the various installs and transition codes as painless as possible for our present audience of loyal fans, and our future crowd of new friends...we're hoping for.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Big question:

Will people who buy the Matrix Chancellorsville standalone game be able to play multiplayer with people who have SOWGB?
I have no answers to any of these questions. SOWCV may only work with SOWCV. I have to figure out the answers to these questions and any solutions very quickly.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

4) For people who have already bought all the games and add-ons, will the DRM be removed? Or would we have to buy new versions at Sliterine/Matrix to get this?

Thanks.
We always promised from the very beginning that we would change the protection to be very unobtrusive. We always had every intention of keeping that promise as we kept it with TC2M. So this seemed like a good time to make good on that.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Good news guys. this wil be great for the future, more games please B) .
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

We always promised from the very beginning that we would change the protection to be very unobtrusive. We always had every intention of keeping that promise as we kept it with TC2M. So this seemed like a good time to make good on that.
If you remember Norb a discussion (via post) we had about the DRM over 2 years ago, and how reluctant I was about purchasing SOWgb because of the serial activation. You promised me that you would eventually be removing the Serial activation which I took as truth, and purchased the game. I take promises seriously, and you held up your end of the bargain. Not too many people today keep their promises they make, you have Norb.

Thank You very much Norb for keeping your promise you made too me.

:)