Realism Mod.

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
con20or
Reactions:

Realism Mod.

Post by con20or »

Ive been putting off releasing this for ages but if I don't do it now I never will.

Heres an early version of a mod im working on - it's an amalgamation of a few existing mods and a few tweaks of my own and other members of the team. It's for SP, because the movement speed tweak can't be used in MP. If people like parts of it I can seperate them for MP.

I had planned on doing alot more but have been sidetracked - this is just a beta beta. It will be added to.

----------------------------------------

1. Smokemod (lite). Originally TheBayMonster, then edited by Stevedrumsdw. I have included Stevedrumsdw's version.

2. Old Message Mod - Davinci and Born2See.

3. 1x Mod - Never released, a tweak RebBugler did for me and Larry. Halves movement speeds to make them more realistic. Think twice before approaching a battery....Can't be used in MP.

4. New Artillery and Musket Fire Sounds - LittlePowell

5. Map icons changed - con20or. Now the map icons wont change when the enemy capture an OBJ. You wont know they have it until you see them there. Also, the player 'eye' location has been removed from the map. Takes a while to orientate yourself at the start of a game, but definitely adds to the immersion once you get going. Your compass is vital.

The attachment Realism_V1.rar is no longer available
Attachments
Realism_V1.rar
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Last edited by con20or on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Realism Mod.

Post by Davinci »

con20or - I thought that I was the only one that preferred the slower moving troops, but I think that I went one step farther than you, I took the running out of the game.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

This slows march and run speeds - i like it (although imagine this on your new big map mod:))
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Although imagine this on your new big map mod:))
Yes, this is how I have been playing for years, and on the larger ten-mile-map it takes quite a long time to move the troops around the map.

Also - by using the couriers which sort of adds into the fray ( by delaying movements ) while awaiting orders, it really does feel like a Civil-War-Atmosphere .

Jumping Topic - the couriers by far would have to be one on Norb's greatest achievements on improving the game.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Jumping Topic - the couriers by far would have to be one on Norb's greatest achievements on improving the game.

davinci
Agreed.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's idea on this mod, its only a stepping stone, kind of like a way to get the ball rolling, people thinking....i have lots more ideas, but they were more troublesome than the map icon edits.
Last edited by con20or on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baldwin
Reactions:

Post by Baldwin »

Is there a way to mod the response radius in 'courier by brigade' as far as how close you have to be to your regiments for them to 'instantly' respond, if so -- how?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Is there a way to mod the response radius in 'courier by brigade' as far as how close you have to be to your regiments for them to 'instantly' respond, if so -- how?
Pretty sure the size of this radius is determined by the officer's experience level. So yes if this is the case, however, you do see issue that would ensue here...right?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Baldwin
Reactions:

Post by Baldwin »

That's strange I used Lee to test it because I was thinking along those lines and it didn't seem to enlarge the courier radius at all.
Last edited by Baldwin on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

That's strange I used Lee to test it because I was thinking along those lines and it didn't seem to enlarge the courier radius at all.
Good test and observation, then I don't know. Bet MTG knows, and you'll get the definitive then when he hits the boards, unless someone else knows.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I have never come across it in any of the csv's, so my guess is it's hardcoded.

Its supposed to represent 'shouting distance' - so unless you have a Pavarotti on your army it will be pretty standard.
Last edited by con20or on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.