idiot help

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
phoenix
Reactions:

idiot help

Post by phoenix »

This will seem like a stupid question. I can't seem to work out how to order the entire battallion - or is it the brigade (or the division) - I mean ALL the units under my command. Obviously, I can order the commander (me) to go somewhere, and sometimes i seem to be able to click on him and get the order I give to apply to everyone under him. But i can't work out a consistency to that and can't find the answer in the tutorials. How do i give an order ONLY to the commander, and how do i give an order to his ENTIRE command? At least, this must be an easy question for you.....
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: idiot help

Post by RebBugler »

Assuming you haven't played through the tutorials, I'm guessing you're not selecting a formation after you move the officer.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
phoenix
Reactions:

Post by phoenix »

I did play the tutorials, but I'm stupid....:) Thanks.
Neal
Reactions:

Post by Neal »

Well, don't put yourself down. We all have basic questions from time to time.

Moving the COMMANDER ONLY: Select your commander and click on the spot you want him to move.
Moving the ENTIRE COMMAND: Select a commander, then click where you want him to go. After telling him where to go, click one of the blue formation buttons and his units will then join him.

On occasion, the commander will not obey you. There are a variety of ways around this, the most common fix is to either take command of the unit yourself (using the TC button, gold with white flag icon) or riding next to him and putting your foot in his butt by issuing an order while near him.

Sometimes they will not obey you because they can't, such as when they are engaged.

That's one thing about this game -- just like historically, commanders and their units do hot obey instantly. It takes time for orders to reach them and sometimes they don't obey.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by Neal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Ph,

Neal is right. Let me add this - If you want all your units to follow the Commander on the Roads, you must click the "roads" button after clicking where you want him/them to go/end up.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"