Install order?

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Trilogy
Reactions:

Install order?

Post by Trilogy »

Just trying to clarify:

I am trying to do a fresh reinstallation of SOW.

I have:
the 1.301 (or whatever it was) base installation files from NorbSoft,
the Pipe Creek and Antietam addons,
and the 1.5 revised patch just released.

In what order do I install these, and do I need to activate/deactivate at any certain point?

EDIT: Or maybe I'll just grab the files at Matrix, where the install order is obvious since all are at 1.50.
Last edited by Trilogy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADukes
Reactions:

Re: Install order?

Post by ADukes »

Order as above, maybe the addons after 1.50 or Matrix.
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

I installed in this order

Patched to 1.
Antietam
Pipes Creek

Now should pipes creek and antietam have been installed in a specific location within the SOW folder as I can no longer see any of the single player scenarios in the list or in the additional battles section of the game and I can't play them in mp . I can play all of the maps in Garniers GCM mod but no stock versions which makes me think they installed to the wrong location.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

They should have been installed in the same folder as GB.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

The mods have I will have a closer look when I am in front of my PC
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

Well I have looked through my drives and the game papers to have installed ok both pipes creek and antietam maps are listed but they do not appear to be in the right location can you tell me where in the game filers the specific files should or should I just delete all and start again patch to.1.4,installed the map packs and then install the patch?
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

If you're going to start over, download the latest version of SOW, the link is at the top of this page.

Install the 1.5 patch located here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/441 ... Gettysburg

Then install AN and PC.

This is the recommended order as stated by ADukes earlier.

You may want to delete your Registry entries first as outline by Norb here:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/techni ... -demo-mode

Let us know how it works.

B
Last edited by born2see on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

I did that on another pc on Tuesday night through teamviewer to help another player who was having issues and git the same result. I cleaned his system of any references to sow then installed the 1.5 version activated the game the installed the 2 map packs.
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

Big thanks to MTG last night for taking the time on ts to help me sort my issues out :)