OOB

william1993
Reactions:

OOB

Post by william1993 »

I would like to make an OOB for the Peninsular campaign, just a small British v. French one. Can anyone tell me, or send me to an area that tells how to do that?
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
gunship24
Reactions:

Re: OOB

Post by gunship24 »

I would open up one of the OOBs that came with the mod and copy lines from there, then edit the unit names. If you know the file structure then you can look up the various class names, flags, and weapons in the files in the mod.

A few tips:
Infantry - Any unit over 1000men should be split into two battalions. Flag names for the OOB can be found in gfx.csv. If you copy lines from the existing OOBs then the weapon shouldnt have to be changed.

Cavalry - Organise the cavalry into Squadrons (max 150 men). I would place each regiment into 4 squadrons which would take up a brigade slot in the OOB (see Talavera or Corunna OOB). In the 'Edged' column use the following numbers depending on type and skill of the cavalry:

10 AverageCav_Saber
11 GoodCav_Saber
12 ExpertCav_Saber
13 AverageCav_Lance
14 GoodCav_Lance
15 ExpertCav_Lance
16 AverageCav_Sword
17 GoodCav_Sword
18 ExpertCav_Sword
19 ConscriptCav
Note: 19 is used to represent inferior units for all types

Artillery - copy from the existing OOBs, its easier.

Everything else its best to copy from the existing OOBs.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by gunship24 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

So, for instance, if I wanted to make a division OOB, I would open one of the other OOBs, open a new excel sheet, and just start copying values, changing names?
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

yep :)