Question about Chancellorsville

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
gbs
Reactions:

Question about Chancellorsville

Post by gbs »

Jim, of the NSD team, made the statement on the Matrix forum "they feel with Chancellorsville they have raised the bar somewhat." I wonder if any one would care to elaborate? Does he mean graphics wise? Does he mean new features? Does he mean engine changes? Does he mean in game improvements like maybe the courier system?

I'm looking forward to a post by the team telling us what to look for in Chancellorsville.
Jim
Reactions:

Re: Question about Chancellorsville

Post by Jim »

IMO, the new maps are the big improvement. They look better and have better FPS performance than previous generations of maps. We did a scouting trip to the battlefield in mid April this year and the extensive photos were put to good use by 2TX to make the look and feel fit the time of year.

The other two scenario designers have also done a real nice job in presenting the complexity and difficult command situations of this battle.

If you liked Antietam, we think you will like Chancellorsville even more.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
gbs
Reactions:

Post by gbs »

great news, thanks.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Petrus58
Reactions:

Post by Petrus58 »

downloaded and installed with no problems. I have only had the chance to have a quick look at a few of the scenarios so far, but load times are quite a bit quicker, and the maps are absolutely gorgeous. Looking forward to playing this!