Game Question.

Here is where we discuss the official add-on packs for Scourge Of War: Gettysburg.
conjotter
Reactions:

Game Question.

Post by conjotter »

I have downloaded Chancellorsville as an add-on game to Gettysburg.

Is there a way to access a similar scenario-choice screen as the original Gettysburg game (with the stylized map and flags showing each scenario, with each scenario high score?)

I can choose scenarios for Chancellorsville from the scenario menu without a problem, but the other way (Gettysburg) is more fun.

Regards, CJ.
Last edited by conjotter on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: extra word
norb
Reactions:

Re: Game Question.

Post by norb »

We created screen like that so that we could have CV as a stand alone game. But the way we incorporate CV into GB does not allow that. Install CV on a machine that does not have GB and it will be stand alone and you'll see the screen.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

There might be a way, but no guarantees. If you uninstall GB completely, wiping the registry entry, then install CV you should have the stand alone version as you are requesting. Then reinstall GB. As long as you have your reg codes, your purchases will be safe, and if it doesn't work, you can restore everything. If you think it's worth the time lost in trying this out, go for it.

Personally I don't think it's worth it, for one thing, the stand alone version won't accept mods with the scenarios, just like the stock GB scenarios. The expansion CV scenarios can be played with mods, without going through the renaming and converting to mod form hassle.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
budd
Reactions:

Post by budd »

Personally I don't think it's worth it, for one thing, the stand alone version won't accept mods with the scenarios, just like the stock GB scenarios. The expansion CV scenarios can be played with mods, without going through the renaming and converting to mod form hassle.
Thats good to know, thx.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

No worries. I can live without that scenario selection screen.

By the way, hats off to the designers for an excellent game. Love the look of the trees, houses, forest fires and the fortifications. The AI is top-notch. It is also great to be able to control artillery batteries in division scenarios.

Thanks! CJ.