Antietam: Hood Scenario questions

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
kaplan71
Reactions:

Antietam: Hood Scenario questions

Post by kaplan71 »

Hello --

I had several questions concerning the Antietam Hood Scenario:

1. Are the two brigades that comprise Hood's division the only units that are under my control? There are several artillery units that are detached, and I wanted to know if they can be re-attached, and be otherwise controllable by me.

2. Should I confront the initial enemy units that made it past the cornfield, or should I let the other Confederate units in the area take them on, and head straight for the objective?

3. Once I am at the objective, is it simply a matter of feeding units to the area in question, and hold on until the end of the scenario, or is there something else that should be done here?

Thanks.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Antietam: Hood Scenario questions

Post by Little Powell »

1. Yes, you have two infantry brigades. The artillery units are in your division, but not under your control. Historically, Hood only brought the two brigades into the fight.

2. Get to the objective as soon as you can. Its important you start getting points asap.

3. Again, get to the objective as soon as you can and hold on for dear life. The enemy counter attacks range from medium, to hard, to "oh $h%t!", depending on the variant.

Have fun. One of my personal favorite scenarios.. But it's definitely one of the more difficult scenarios to achieve a Major Victory.