1800 Battles Montebello - Marengo - Ampfing and Hohenlinden

gunship24
Reactions:

Re: 1800 Battles Montebello - Marengo - Ampfing and Hohenlinden

Post by gunship24 »

Well Gunship24 thankyou for bringing Napoleonic warefare to SOW!!! In Drills one change - Cavalry can fight/attack in column by division
Thats a good addition for regiment based OOBs. I wanted to change the cavalry formations in my version but never got round to it. excellent.

Just a quick note; Ive noticed that all cavalry have 11 for their "Edged" value. In unitattributes in Road to Wagram you will find there a several possible values from 10 to 18 designed specifically for cavalry, but they were designed for about 150 men per unit (to represent a squadron) and in a 400+ unit it might be overpowerful. If it is, i recommend using the infantry 0 to 9 ratings.

Great work :).
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Hi Zeke.

Downloaded all the Napoleon mods. They look wonderful.

Question: Is there a way to prevent infantry troops in square formation from charging cavalry?

Thanks for the mods!

Regrads, CJ.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Question: Is there a way to prevent infantry troops in square formation from charging cavalry?
I can answer that, a square shouldn't initiate a charge (unless something was changed in the mod drills file), but it will counter charge. Its hard coded.
Last edited by gunship24 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Well Gunship24 thankyou for bringing Napoleonic warefare to SOW!!! In Drills one change - Cavalry can fight/attack in column by division
Thats a good addition for regiment based OOBs. I wanted to change the cavalry formations in my version but never got round to it. excellent.

Just a quick note; Ive noticed that all cavalry have 11 for their "Edged" value. In unitattributes in Road to Wagram you will find there a several possible values from 10 to 18 designed specifically for cavalry, but they were designed for about 150 men per unit (to represent a squadron) and in a 400+ unit it might be overpowerful. If it is, i recommend using the infantry 0 to 9 ratings.

Great work :).
Yes good point - I havent really played with the unit capabilities in SOW yet the unit skill settings were "borrowed" from your excellent Road to Wagram mod but I am looking to experiment with different formations and unit capabilities in this and other work going forward.... :) once you start modding you cant stop!!!

Excellent question re the Square Formation from conjotter - One of the reasons that the TC2M Napoleonic mod never really flew was due to the hardcoding in the game which meant that Infantry would charge cavalry at a whim were in reality this never happened (I think there were a couple of occasions in the Russian Campaign)Infantry would form square as cavalry approached - Horses instinctively would rear away from several hundred bayonets!! It did however make the infantry very vulnerable against artillery whilst in this formation.
Last edited by Zeke on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant