You're invited to play in a special battle!

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Neal
Reactions:

You're invited to play in a special battle!

Post by Neal »

Gentlemen,

The Kreigsspiel community is inviting (asking) you to join in the final battle of the first installment of the Western Campaign, Thunder in the Shenandoah. The battle is epic by Kreigsspiel standards and subordinate commanders are badly needed.

The battle is a final clash between the Union and Confederate armies, with the Union thus far enjoying victory and growing advantage. The final battle will see the Union attempt to dislodge the Confederates from a key position outside the town of "New Market."

The battle will be fought on a Pipe Creek map (no. 3) and there are many slots available for mini-division and brigade command.

If you can participate, doodle below and indicate your side (USA) or (CSA) beside your name. If either side is fine, then just put your name. Finally, check back on the Kreigsspiel forums in a couple days to see the selected date and time.

http://www.doodle.com/ey564ykcqc5c9uey

Please note this battle will be played according to strict kreigsspiel guidelines, meaning, strict HITS settings and communication only by courier, unless you are beside a particular comander's avatar. Whisper key use is strongly advised.

Thank you to all who choose to participate. This will be an exciting battle, and a challenge to all.

Likewise, the entire Kreigsspiel community looks forward to joining you for some more GCM games very soon!

Thanks,

Neal a.k.a Father General

http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/
Last edited by Neal on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Re: You're invited to play in a special battle!

Post by IronBMike »

This will require Pipe Creek? Any other expansions/modifications required?
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

IronMike wrote:

This will require Pipe Creek? Any other expansions/modifications required?
Yes, it requires the Pipe Creek expansion. The maps are great and well worth the price. You will also need the latest Courier & Maps mod. Look here for additional information on Kriegspiel HITS play: KS HITS setup
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

Thoroughly enjoyed my first experiance at hits still hate the view point.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Jonah wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed my first experiance at hits still hate the view point.
The abrupt change of perspective is jarring. But once you get use to it, you'll find the excitement of not having full information as to what is going on will make helicopter play downright boring.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

We generally play at 100 yards from the saddle in GCM games, and controlling 4,000 men from that distance is hardly "helicopter" play.

And we restrict officer scouting, unlike HITS games where officers are free to scout anywhere. We restrict officers to 200 yards from their infantry.

So really, and I've played several HITS games now, there's a better chance of a division surprising you on the flank in a GCM game than there is in a HITS game, IMHO.

I like both styles of play, each has its pluses and minuses. But since you haven't played any GCM games with us, Kevin, I wish you would refrain from calling them "helicopter" play games.
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added last bit