Scourge of War 1.6 Beta Patch

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War 1.6 Patch

Post by Garnier »

nvm
Last edited by Garnier on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Please do not distribute files. These files are in a patch that is supposed to verify the user made the purchase. By giving out the files, you are circumventing the little protection we still have.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

A cursory look at the Antietam maps shows that many of the road problems were not fixed. That's very unfortunate.
We fixed a TON of road problems with the Antietam maps. Can you be more specific about the problems? We can also take this over email if you prefer.
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

I was patched up before this one, and it installed without any problems.

And the water looks much, much better at Burnsides Bridge.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Thanks Rudy. We tested with all Matrix installs and it worked perfectly. I'm wondering about the failures people report and maybe they do not have those installed. We are pretty clear that they are required.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

Ok Norb, I downloaded Antietam from the Matrix website and it finally worked.

I find it odd that only the Antietam files were the problem though.

Looks excellent.

On a side note, would there be any benefit for me to download the Pipe Creek 1.5 from Matrix or is it the same as the original download?
Last edited by Hancock the Superb on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hancock the Superb
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I'm wondering about the failures people report and maybe they do not have those installed. We are pretty clear that they are required.
I have never registered the game with the Matrix site, and I doubt that I ever will.

The Install went OK as far as I know, other-than the Antietam Maps didn't update, but I never play on any of those.

To the Team-Member that updated the default maps, Great-Job !

I think that as long as the SOWGB file updated, I shouldn't have any problems, and the game appears to be as stable as it was, which is great!

Thanks, for fixing the Supply-Wagon issue.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

To the Team-Member that updated the default maps, Great-Job !
Yours truly did the map updates.. B)

Thanks Davinci. Glad you like them.

On a side note, would there be any benefit for me to download the Pipe Creek 1.5 from Matrix or is it the same as the original download?
It's the same.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

You should install all the versions from Matrix or they might not work with the Matrix version of SOWGB.

For those that had the error on sowgb.exe or sowgb.sow, what exact installers got you to your game version. We are trying to track this down and we cannot figure it out. We installed right from the Matrix installers and the patch worked perfectly.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

For those that had the error on sowgb.exe or sowgb.sow, what exact installers got you to your game version. We are trying to track this down and we cannot figure it out.
If you are asking how does the game Install without going through the Matrix versions of the game, I did it like this!

The game will not Install due to the Antietam.sow unknown version : error

So - Remove that file.

Next - the game will not Install due to the Ant_1.lsl file unknown version error

So - Remove all four of the Antietam Maps from the Base \ Folder .

The game will now update to the 1.6 version - then add the files back into the game, but the Antietam files will not be changed or updated.

If this is not what you are asking, I'm confused!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!