Very Nice Texture pack for Minecraft 1.5.1 [Screenshots & Link Included]

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Very Nice Texture pack for Minecraft 1.5.1 [Screenshots & Link Included]

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Here are two screenshots of a very nice texture pack I use.

Name: Inspiration v28
Link: http://www.9minecraft.net/inspiration-texture-pack/

[Screenshots]
The attachment javaw2013-03-2616-00-17-72.png is no longer available
The attachment javaw2013-03-2616-00-35-37.png is no longer available
The attachment javaw2013-03-2621-39-53-99.png is no longer available
Attachments
javaw2013-03-2621-39-53-99.png
javaw2013-03-2621-39-53-99.png (891.49 KiB) Viewed 147 times
javaw2013-03-2616-00-35-37.png
javaw2013-03-2616-00-35-37.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 147 times
javaw2013-03-2616-00-17-72.png
javaw2013-03-2616-00-17-72.png (1.55 MiB) Viewed 147 times
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Very Nice Texture pack for Minecraft 1.5.1 [Screenshots & Link Included]

Here is the latest version of Optifine for 1.5.1.

The attachment OptiFine_1.5.1_HD_U_B1.zip is no longer available
Attachments
OptiFine_1.5.1_HD_U_B1.zip
(358.38 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

ah! you play minecraft,exellent. ive been tempted by this since my 11 year old nephew introduced it to me and laughed long and loud at how crap i was at it!
whats the best version to buy? is it only online or sp as well? i come seeking wisdom oh great sage! cheers
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

ah! you play minecraft,exellent. ive been tempted by this since my 11 year old nephew introduced it to me and laughed long and loud at how crap i was at it!
whats the best version to buy? is it only online or sp as well? i come seeking wisdom oh great sage! cheers
The version that you can download is at 1.5.1. You can update anytime you wish to update the game since it's done within the game, so when you buy it, it's good to go.

I have to say that hands down, this is about the best game I have seen in years. It's a full mix of RPG, Dungeon Crawler, and a full exploration, and mining wrapped into one giant engineering delight that kicks the crap of any $60.00 dollar multi-million dollar project by any triple A company. Not to mention the incredible ability for you too design anything that your teeny tiny brain pellets can come up with.

There are TONS of great mods to use no matter if you are using 1.25, 1.32, 1.45, 1.47, 1.50, or 1.5.1...

Some folks who haven't played this say that the graphics are garbage. There not, it's part of it's charm, and also it proves that graphics don't make the game, but as you can see from the above screenshots, this game can be modded to look pretty damn cool.

I'm crap at it too redcoat, there is simply so much you can do with it. I have a mod installed called a Craft Guide that allows you to pull up the complete crafting table so you know what you can craft with what materials.

I play with the wife on lan via my local lan world, and it's a blast to play...

So the answer to your question is... the version you buy will always be the right version. It's single player, and multiplayer either by playing online via Minecraft's servers, or by using Tunngle, or by Lan... it's all up to you, and it's worth every penny.

Here is a site I use to download my Minecraft Mods: http://www.9minecraft.net/tag/minecraft-1-5-1-mods/

For me, the greatest mod I have seen is something called Sim-u-Kraft, and I'm telling you, it's simply fantastic. The link for that small mod is here: http://satscape.info/sim-u-kraft/

BEST OF ALL, this is a fantastic game for your children. This game will teach them skills they normally wouldn't get anywhere else.

Cheerios!
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

well as you may surmise im in no way interested in online\multi stuff.seeing my nephews game i thought the graphics were rubbish at first but found myself still playing (or attempting to,much to my nephews amusement!)3 hours later so i may give this a whirl.many thanks!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

well as you may surmise im in no way interested in online\multi stuff.seeing my nephews game i thought the graphics were rubbish at first but found myself still playing (or attempting to,much to my nephews amusement!)3 hours later so i may give this a whirl.many thanks!
Keep trying, it is really cool. I'm like you I rarely play MP for any of my games, but this game since you can play via tunngle with nephew, it changes the game where he can be off on the other part of the world building your own empire, or take on a deep core dungeon that needs exploring with the two of you side by side.

When I do play online, I never connect to the main servers. I just do not have the temperament to play with people I do not know.... More pain in the behind than anything else.

It's a blast too play.

Here is something you don't see everyday. The mods I have installed are "Inspiration, millenaire, craft guide" for version 1.47. I started to look around, and this must be something from the millenaire mod. It's a Skeleton (archer) fully decked out with armor, helmet, riding a nasty spider... Now that is new.

[screenshot]
The attachment javaw2013-03-2712-20-48-44.png is no longer available
Attachments
javaw2013-03-2712-20-48-44.png
javaw2013-03-2712-20-48-44.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 147 times
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

so, am i right in thinking this is a game you buy via download? im thinking it must be as i checked amazon and it aint on there.cheers
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

so, am i right in thinking this is a game you buy via download? im thinking it must be as i checked amazon and it aint on there.cheers
Hey redcoat.

Go to Minecraft store which you can find here: https://minecraft.net/

It's a one time purchase only. You create an online account (easy stuff), purchase the game, once you do that the purchase is applied to your account, and that is all there is to that. All updates are done through the game itself, you DO NOT require Steam since the dev doesn't want anything to do with them because he himself has said that Steam (Gabe shite for brains) infringes on their creative rights if they ever did decide on going with them.

The only thing you need installed is the latest Java which is easy to find, and download. One note though, make sure you download the Full Offline client of Java just in case you ever lose your internet connection (not being able to have the internet due to personal financial crisis, etc). This way you can install the full java without it trying to download from the damn java site.

Also, after you install the latest, and greatest Minecraft, always do a complete backup, and copy it over to another drive, or whatever. Reason why I say this is because if you do add mods, it's always nice to have a backup.

Other than that you own this game, and you can play it offline, online... It's entirely up to you!

Cheerios!!!
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

cheers mate!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

:silly: