Gunship24 - what next?

Saddletank
Reactions:

Gunship24 - what next?

Post by Saddletank »

Hey Gunship, I was curious what you are working on now (unless you're taking a break) and wondered if there was any more in the pipeline.

I know a few people asked for Russians but I was wondering if you'd be willing to add some Allied units to make the 1815 OOBs more authentic, plus some late war Prussians. You could probably get away with about 2 inf, 2 cav and 1 art unit each for the Dutch-Belgians, Nassauers, Brunswickers and Hanoverians. The Prussian army was very uniform too and perhaps only 4 infantry (grenadiers, musketeers, jager, landwehr), 4 cav (dragoons, uhlans, hussars, landwehr) and 1 art unit would be enough to cover pretty much all situations.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
gunship24
Reactions:

Re: Gunship24 - what next?

Post by gunship24 »

I created a bucket load of sprites for TC2M which I am currently toying with porting over to here. The sprites are not as good as i have improved my technique since and they are in the old non-packed format but they do work. They include Nassau, Orange-Nassau, Brunswick leib, Brunswick Line, Brunswick avantgarde, Belgium line, Dutch line, Dutch militia, Prussian line, Prussian landwehr, prussian grenadier, Prussian artillery, Prussian dragoon, Prussian generals, Russian jager, Russian line (2 versions), Russian grenadier, Russian militia, Russian artilley, Russian horse artillery, Russian generals, Russian horse jager, French guard chasseurs, French young guard voltiguers and tiralleurs.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

It's your call of course, but how much work is involved in converting themn to SOW, and how poor would they compare to your recent work?
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Work involved isn't much. The difference is that when they shoot some of the sprites are holding the musket about half way down with one hand instead of both hands nearer the body. If you can leave with that then they are good to go. Also the bayonets are missing from the march animations on some angles.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Gun,

GREAT! I'll take one from column A and 2 from column B, please. LOL! :laugh:

Seriously, That is a hell of a lot of work you have done there. Outstanding!

I understand Tanks interest in semi-finishing the 1815 campaign, (Tank - Great to see you back, BTW ;)).

However, I'd vote for Russians, as they would give the most bang for the buck, as it were. Austerlitz, Eylau, Friedland, all the 1812 Battles, (not just Borodino), the 1813 Campaign, etc. Also, with Zeke's interest in the early battles of the French Republic, there's 1st and 2nd Zurick,(Zurich?), etc. I realize the uniforms were different, but they would be Russians.......

Just my ha'penny.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

One thing that did grate on me in our 100 days campaign battle yesterday was all the Allied regiments carrying the Union flag. Could other sheets of flags be made for the Netherlands, Nassau, Brunswick and Hanoverian troops? A multiplicity of flags would look fantastic.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

My interest could move past 1800 if the Prussian and Russian Sprites were available!!! :laugh: I would love to do the 1806 campaign against the Prussians - Jena and Auerstedt but we would need the sprites and flags.

I think there is a Russian flag already done in the Wagram Mod.

Regards

Zeke
Last edited by Zeke on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

The attachment screen0076.jpg is no longer available
Tank,

I used the Union Jack because we don't have any of the others. I couldn't find a Regimental Color that looked enough like the actual Allied ones to make it worth while. Same with the uniforms. Now that Gunship has done Baden troops, (I think its them), we have line troops in an all green uniform I can put in for the Nassau and Orange-Nassau units. Gotta work with what we have.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

Zeke - There is a reference to a Russian flag in the GFX.csv file but I don't know if there is a corresponding graphic for it. Will check it out.

Yes, we have a Russian Regimental Flag. WOOT!
Attachments
screen0076.jpg
screen0076.jpg (998.35 KiB) Viewed 188 times
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Gotta work with what we have.
I understand this motto very well, and as you say, if there's green-coated troops out there now that plugs another gap.