Look what I found in the Woods....

Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Look what I found in the Woods....

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Jack Wrote:
I never painted any Russians. Austrians were easier - white, flat spraypaint - LOL!, then touch them up with black brushwork.
That was the same technique I used to make hoards of ice cream men. :)
Use the Light Horse to screen them, ride to one flank, ride down and scatter the inevitable Cossacks, (useless against ANY real Cavalry)

Cossacks are cheap and plentiful. They may not stand up against real cavalry, or real anything for that matter, but bows and arrows and spears do wonders against disrupted infantry. ;)
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

HAHAHAHA! Thanks.

MTG - Yes, but bloody Cossacks couldn't stand up to artillery fire, either. I always trained a battery on them and they scattered like frightened birds...and then I rode them down with my Chasseurs a Cheval. LOL! :evil:

Grog - Brother, we have Italian flags and Italian troops. Gunship did some for his Sacile 1809 OOB. He used Westpahlians, (I think), to represent Italian Infantry. Also, Italian Infantry worn an all-white uniform. Check out the OOB. It should be in the latest NapMod set-up from Gunship. Not the latest patch, which are all Echmuhl 1809 OOBs.
...and again, great job on the portraits. Love them!

Note to all - Russian "Divisions" were really organized as small, all Arms, Corps d' Armee. It's why the OOB shows only Russian Divisions and why General Bennigsen is "cloned" to command both the Army and the "Corps." Even if we had Cossacks, I'm not sure the game engine will allow for all the extra "Brigades" with in a Division.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Wed May 01, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

we have Italian flags and Italian troops. Gunship did some for his Sacile 1809 OOB. He used Westpahlians, (I think), to represent Italian Infantry. Also, Italian Infantry worn an all-white uniform. Check out the OOB. It should be in the latest NapMod set-up from Gunship. Not the latest patch, which are all Echmuhl 1809 OOBs.
Great news. There were quite a few Italian units employed in the Peninsular...

http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/t701-sc ... r-campaign

EDIT: Hm, I just checked. There's one of the fixed marker type flags in red-green-white but not an animated one.
Last edited by Saddletank on Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Tank,

Dead on! I could have sworn there was an animated Italian Flag. Damn!

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
A.S. Johnston
Reactions:

Post by A.S. Johnston »

The late-war Russian Army was my favorite in 15 mm Napoleonic Era. At that point, the line regiments (formerly musketeer) were two battalions, usual field strength around 500 each. Lights and line grenadiers likewise. Converged grenadier battalions were usually 4 companies each; same strength, roughly. Guard grenadier regiments were three field battalions each of around 750 to 800 each and were maintained at that level as best they could. Cavalry. Light squadrons were around 120 each with eight squadrons per regiment - hussar and uhlan, after 1812, include cheval leger. Dragoons squadrons were 180 and four per regiment. Cuirassier were like dragoons in strength and organization. Guard were organized like the line cavalry, but with higher field strengths, around +50% give or take. Artillery were in 12-gun batteries at all weights. Horse artillery was 6-pounder gun only. Field artillery was 10 guns and 2 of those Russian howitzers, called .... licornes IIRC, can't say that I know why, maybe an earlier howitzer-type (angled-fire and all that). The pre-1810 re-organization had divisions which were combined arms, four or six regiments of foot in brigades of two-regiments, three field battalions per regiment; plus two or three regiments of cavalry, usually dragoons sometimes uhlans; plus one brigade of artillery, being two six pounder batteries (light) and one twelve pounder battery (position), maybe one horse artillery. I don't claim special expertise in this area, but my recollections and organizational notes from back then tell me that these were the typical organizations and strengths.