Borodino OOB

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Borodino OOB

Post by Jack ONeill »

The attachment OOB_SB_NAP_Borodino_1812.csv is no longer available
All,

Here's a little something to occupy our time while Gunship puts the finishing touches on his new Russian Sprites and flags - Borodino 1812, or at least part of it.

I have concentrated on the French Left/Russian Right flanks. This part of the battle was no less ferocious than the rest. However, the fighting here was wildly over-shadowed by the attack on the Fleches, the horrific fighting around the Redoubt, and the massive Cavalry charges back and forth on the other flank.

So, we have roughly 50,000-plus men on each side -

French - Eugene's 4th. Corps, including the Bavarian Light Horse Division - attached for the Battle. 2 Divisions of Davouts 1st. Corps and 2 of the 3 Divisions of Grouchy's 3rd. Reserve Cavalry Corps. (Dumerc's Cuirassiers were detached to ride with Murat and the balance of the Cuirassier Divisions).

Russians - 2nd, 4th and 6th Infantry Corps - (2 Divisions each) and 3 Reserve Cavalry Corps, each of 1 Division. (Still don't have any Cossacks). All under Barclay de Tolly.

The usual suspects apply - Lots of Austrian flags - still. Russian gunners are French, etc. All the Russian Jager Battalions now look like Regular Infantry. Apparently the uniforms changed in 1811. Also, the Russian Jager Battalions should not be carrying Colors, but not everyone has the "Ghost_Unit" .csv file.

On the cool side, there are Italians, Badeners and Croats tossed into the mix.

Anyway, enjoy!

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

Update - 5/19/13 - The file attached is the REVISED Borodino 1812 OOB. It contains roughly 17 - 18,000 more troops per side. This is the Original OOB I did, but couldn't figure out whether or not to add in the French Guard troops or not. I ended up leaving them out as they never actually fought in the Battle. I added in 2 Infantry and 1 Cavalry Division of Neys 3rd. Corps. The Russians gain Constantins 5th. (Guards) Reserve Corps, containing the Guards Infantry Division, 1 Reserve Cuirassier Division and the usual huge number of Russian Guns. They DID actually get stuck in, towards the end of the Battle. Anyway, No other surprises. This should make for a busy Battlefield.

Jack B)
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Jack ONeill on Mon May 20, 2013 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"