Gunship24s sprite pack (beta)

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: Gunship24s sprite pack (beta)

Post by Jack ONeill »

RB and Tank,

I went on a search for that "Packing" thread also. Can't find it either. Probably looked right at it, but still. We'll find it.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Found most of the discussion...Search 'Texture Packer', select 'any date'. There's also an included link by Norb for the main app - Texture Packer. To pack troop sprites you also need a 'File Renamer' app and Paint.net with the animation plug-in for separating and naming individual frames. Then you must learn how to integrate the packed files into the gfxpack.csv file. Again I must say, this whole process is not for the meek (uncommitted) or impatient.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

WOW!
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

It can be done but like reb says its involved. For every sheet you would to seperate each frame, then pack them back up. I can do all that but it would take ages unless there was some automated script to do all the cutting for me.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Question - as these sprites use the old less efficient compression method, does anyone have a link to the thread on the forums where it was discussed how the sprite graphics can be compressed into the new format of packing them?
Here are the two Links that I could find!

The Program was not that expensive at the time, I'm not sure how much it has changed since then!

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... ng-forward

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... ure-packer

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Many thanks to everyone, that's extremely helpful.

I'll make a start.

I am actually anting to work initially on Zeke's revolutionary war French since these can be used (with a little imagination and some squinting) as 1808-1809 Spanish and I want more options on sprite types for OOBs in my Peninsular campaign. There's also not that many of them.

The process sounds very slow and unfortunately the campaign has already reached the stage where several battles need to be resolved so it looks like I'll have to go with the revolutionary sprites unpacked for now and work on packing them as time permits.

But thank you again to everyone who helped find links or supplied other info.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.