Game Crashes after the Startup Dialog comes up

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
ADukes
Reactions:

Re: Game Crashes after the Startup Dialog comes up

Post by ADukes »

Make sure that you did download and install the full game and not just the patch.
jglogau
Reactions:

Post by jglogau »

the full game is about 217 megabytes, correct?
jglogau
Reactions:

Post by jglogau »

Little Powell:

I tried another machine and got the same error, with the same message in the error log.

Either I am downloading the wrong file or the zip is incomplete. As I said the zip is about 220 megs.

Jordan
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

The last release candidate installer I have for GB is 260,620 KB. If your download is only 220 KB that may be the problem. Perhaps someone who downloaded GB directly from Matrix can report on the size of their installer exe file. Just to be sure, you are downloading the installer file directly from Matrix?

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Col. Manning
Reactions:

Post by Col. Manning »

Jim, and jglogau, I downloaded the installer directly from Matrix on September 21, 2012, and it was approximately 255MB. I used it in November of last year when I installed Chancellorsville, and had no problems with it. None of the files I got from Matrix were zipped.
jglogau
Reactions:

Post by jglogau »

Who is Col. Manning, your avatar picture?
jglogau
Reactions:

Post by jglogau »

With the correct installer I a got the game started. I'll let you know if I have any other issues. Thank you.
Col. Manning
Reactions:

Post by Col. Manning »

Glad you asked, jglogau. He was originally from North Carolina, I believe. He practiced law out west, in Mississippi and eventually settled in Arkansas. He was in command of the 3rd. Arkansas at Gettysburg, which was the only Arkansas brigade that fought in the East. I'm sure if I'm wrong about any of this, a good Arkansan like Reb Bugler will fill in the blanks! ;)
jglogau
Reactions:

Post by jglogau »

Was it a brigade or a regiment? The 3rd would indicate a regiment. But thank you very much. Which days did the 3rd fight, in who's Corp, Ewell, Hill or Longstreet?