1813 OOB Redux...and revised with New Allied Sprites AND Flags :)

Jim
Reactions:

Re: 1813 OOB Redux...and revised with New Allied Sprites AND Flags :)

Post by Jim »

Jack,
You can also use the free Open Office Calc.exe program to edit game files. At one point there was an issue with the saved files but now there is no reason to inflict on yourself the pain of editing game files in notepad.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Jim,

Thanks.

Actually, I have Excel installed. I never recognize it because Win7 calls it some bizarre name I never would look for. However, in regards to the pain of notepad, I've been working in it since the TC2M Days here and have developed it so far as to be able to just blaze thru it. I'm not up for learning much new at this point. LOL!

Would like to hear back from Petrus though, to see if he got it running.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I've been working in it since the TC2M Days here and have developed it so far as to be able to just blaze thru it. I'm not up for learning much new at this point. LOL!
I would take a guess and say that if anything ever went wrong with an excel type program editing these csv files, Jack would probably be the only one that could use Notepad and not have a problem.

I know that this is how we did it during the previous game introduction, but WOW that was such a long time ago.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Petrus58
Reactions:

Post by Petrus58 »

Jack,

Thanks for your help. I am normally ok with mods but I can't figure out where I am going wrong. I do have the other required mods installed and activated, and I have tried altering the running order, but nothing seems to work. I always get a crash on Prussian or Russian 'general death'. One thing did slightly confuse me was the gfx.csv. Did you mean that I have to rename this to just gfx.csv? Anyway, thanks again - I'll keep trying!

Peter
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Jack,

Thanks for your help. I am normally ok with mods but I can't figure out where I am going wrong. I do have the other required mods installed and activated, and I have tried altering the running order, but nothing seems to work. I always get a crash on Prussian or Russian 'general death'. One thing did slightly confuse me was the gfx.csv. Did you mean that I have to rename this to just gfx.csv? Anyway, thanks again - I'll keep trying!

Peter
Yes. Rename to just gfx.csv
Last edited by Grog on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Pet,

Yes, as Grog said. It must be named gfx.csv so the game engine can find it. The game engine, through the Mod system, will use the new files information to supercede the original one. However, it cannot do that if the game engine cannot find it.
Dude, you'll get it.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"