Big problems with courier system

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
mantrain
Reactions:

Big problems with courier system

Post by mantrain »

For whatever reason, my courier system has broken down and subordinates not following courier orders. I have tried the usual. patched to 1.60. options: courier set to "side." playing "normal."
I have tried several different scenarios. most recently a sandbox at a divisional level where the commander is Doubleday. Biddle would be a Brigade commander. sample courier order:

oh, and I click on time/date at top of orders first:

recipient Biddle: (with four regiments).

1) change formation to "brigade form column of regiments."
2) move to: wherever, "my left flank" or, map point XXX"
optional: "use roads for your unite", or "your units "double time"

this is the most basic courier order I try but I have tried many variations and the most common response is the brigade commander will go where I order but the regiments will move a few feet in whatever direction and change formation to some lines.

What in the world is going on? I have re-installed the game and patched up. Nothing I do makes the courier systems work. I do not enjoy the game unless I use courier.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Big problems with courier system

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Courier orders must be in a certain order. Here is the usual form. These all go in one order.

1. Move to a location.
2. Face in a certain direction.
3. Deploy in this formation.
4. Assume this stance.
5. Use roads, (if applicable).

The unit will then begin to move to the location you ordered it to and deploy in the formation you have spelled out once they arrive.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

options: courier set to "side." playing "normal."
An additional issue is with your settings. If you are playing at normal difficulty, your courier settings, 'side', in this case are invalid. Normal has a preset courier option, where most commands arent carried out using any couriers. It's point and click.

If you want to play with couriers at a certain difficulty level, you need to change the difficulty to 'custom', then whatever courier level you select will be applied. Otherwise couriers wont travel down through the chain of command.
Last edited by con20or on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Con20or wrote:
Normal has a preset courier option, where most commands arent carried out using any couriers. It's point and click.
A courier will be sent out on any difficulty level if the written order system is used. His problem was in the ordering of the commands.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

For sure, but without the correct courier setting couriers wont spawn as it travels down the chain of command as I mentioned in that post.
mantrain
Reactions:

Post by mantrain »

changing the order seemed to to the trick within the custom setting. I will continue to monitor if it works on normal setting.
Last edited by mantrain on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.