Resting Cavalry Question

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
opuslife
Reactions:

Resting Cavalry Question

Post by opuslife »

So I've pretty much run my cavalry ragged running around, capturing guns, pinging the enemy's flanks, etc. Now they're pretty bushed (winded, exhausted, various).

Now I've moved them back out of harms way to give them a bit of rest and rearm.

Q - Do they recover faster mounted or dismounted? Does it matter? Is the rate of 'recovery' or 'refresh' the same for both? (Waiting impatiently because I see more guns I can snag.)

Thanks in advance for reading and your thoughts.

Respectfully,

Bob Williams
Bristol RI
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Resting Cavalry Question

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

It will make no difference whether your men are mounted or not. The recovery rate is the same.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

It will make no difference whether your men are mounted or not. The recovery rate is the same.
Dangit,I should have known this. :blush: ...and I should have seen it was an important missing factor :blush: :blush:

Too bad folks of vision :blink: didn't mention this before the last patch went out, or did I/we miss this somewhere? :unsure: :huh:

Edit: Duh, seems like we did discuss this in SOW HQ, and making recovery in a dismounted state would cause problems in other places, so, never mind. :S
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Too bad folks of vision didn't mention this before the last patch went out, or did I/we miss this somewhere?
It has been like that since 1.00. Artillery is the same way. There is only one fatigue factor even though there are two components, man and horse.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.