Random Maps for Napoleonic

Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: Random Maps for Napoleonic

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Jack, when you get the opportunity, you should try this mod in an MP game. As the AI knows nothing about combined arms warfare, it really doesn't do the mod justice. However with humans taking command of the cavalry and artillery the battlefield is really a dangerous neighborhood.

I also highly recommend Garnier's maps. As Grog said, they really have a European feel. Hopefully, he'll crank out a few more.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

MTG,

Yes, time would be nice. Will get to the MP version soon. Grabbed G's maps this morning and put them in. Will try them out tonite.

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Trapper
Reactions:

Post by Trapper »

Thanks Garnier your maps are very well done, I am enjoying them a lot as it does add to the periods immersion. :cheer:
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Updated first post with an additional set of 12 maps. They're in the same style as the original 3, just more of the same in case anyone has played those three too many times.

If the MP crowd want to use some of these but don't want to make everyone download 70MB, feel free to delete some maps from this zip and share the new zip. Just leave the mod folder name the same so it stays compatible.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Excellent! Many thanks.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Many thanks for these, Garnier. If you ever feel like adding some significant hills or ridges to your maps, please go right ahead; many Napoleonic battles were focused around major high ground features.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.