Total War - WW1 Mod

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
con20or
Reactions:

Total War - WW1 Mod

Post by con20or »

I have Empire, but not the Napoleon add-on. Has anyone played this mod? It looks good.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-war-mod/downloads
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Total War - WW1 Mod

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I have Empire, but not the Napoleon add-on. Has anyone played this mod? It looks good.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great-war-mod/downloads
Nice find con20or. :)
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Did you try it Mike? I looked through all the screens but couldnt find a single pic of a trench. Im curious how they did it..
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Did you try it Mike? I looked through all the screens but couldnt find a single pic of a trench. Im curious how they did it..
Hi, I am playing it now. Well is it any good? Let me start by saying installing can be a total pain simply because the folks who created the launcher did a very poor job. I have to manually install the mod, and make sure all of the files were in their proper places otherwise you are going to get a crash after crash... Total headache.

Now I have played some battles (not the campaign), and it's no different than playing battles for any other mod, or the original game. Your all lined up across from each other, and you have at it. I found the controls be be a real bummer especially forming your lines so they can take up a defensive posture in their trenches, and believe me when I tell you this, the A.I is dumber than a bag of hammers.

Now as for the campaign, it doesn't look too bad so far. It does look interesting, but I haven't played it enough yet to make any decision on it.

If I was pressed to tell you should you buy the addon for the mod I can't say. What I like, and what you may like could be totally different especially when it comes down to you spending your hard earned money.

So far I am not impressed at all with it. Screenshots are one thing, I mean I can make the hairs on my arse look good if I have the right lighting, and a zoom lens.

If you own Empire: Totalwar, I suggest that you pick up a copy of Brother vs. Brother. It's an ACW mod that appears to have a Campaign included, and does look pretty cool.

Here is the Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/american-civi ... d-the-grey

Cheers...
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Sounds like we need to revoke your screenshot privileges:)
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

This mod looks pretty good

I don't have Total War, but if this blue and grey mod gets good reviews, I will pick up Total War as it is only 15 bucks right now....

Mike, keep us updated on the gameplay for this mod.. !!

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

This mod looks pretty good

I don't have Total War, but if this blue and grey mod gets good reviews, I will pick up Total War as it is only 15 bucks right now....

Mike, keep us updated on the gameplay for this mod.. !!

Chamberlain
I'll do my best.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Sounds like we need to revoke your screenshot privileges:)
Haaaaa.