trouble connecting

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
remus
Reactions:

trouble connecting

Post by remus »

Cannot connect to multiplayer.Anyone know what this problem could possibly be. There were 2 players trying to connect and all the diagnostics suggested that the problem was with Nat server.
Would appreciate any help.
Remus
remus
Reactions:

Re: trouble connecting

Post by remus »

anyone able to help with first post problem

remus
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Did you check out this topic here?

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/mp-for ... the-manual

I'm a little rusty on my MP support because it has been stable for a while now, but a common issue is the host is running a firewall, or there is a security setting on the router preventing others from connecting.

Did you try having someone else host?
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

We werre actually working with a GCm support person for a while and went through diagnostic checks. The final conclusion was that it was a problem with Natserv but was unable to work out exactly what it was.

remmus
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Are you located in Europe by any chance? The KriegsSpiel group runs into this problem frequently with its European members. The solution is for the host to open UDP port 31791 on his computer. This should not be necessary any longer, but is.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Actually the two of us trying to connect live in Western Australia. Part of the process of the diagnostic checks working with the support guy tried joining by using port 31791. The other player could connect but I couldn't and the Nat serv problem was what the support guy suggested was wrong. Appreciate your input

Remus
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Also check to make sure that you are both using the same version of the game. You should both be patched to version 1.61.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Thank you Jim

Yes we did check that out as part of the diagnostic checks that we did with the GCM support guy. However I am going to go back and see if the problem could have been incompatible file with both parties. It seems to be the only other conclusion I can come to

Thanks Remus
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Thank you all for your input. Problem now solved. In he end it was file compatability

Remus