moving units whenever I want?

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Terry4
Reactions:

moving units whenever I want?

Post by Terry4 »

I have about 25 hours playing Gettysburg with Antietam and enjoy it immensely but:

1. Why can I sometimes move my unit and not other times?

2. Why can I only see unit commands sometimes and not whenever I click on a desired unit's location?

Please give me a hand!
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: moving units whenever I want?

Post by Davinci »

I'll probably not give you the best answers, but someone else will come along and offer their input!
1. Why can I sometimes move my unit and not other times?
This might depend on the rank that you are playing, or to put it another way, you might not have ability to move a unit that is placed in another command-structure.
Example :
You have command of the Third-Corps and you are trying to move units in the Fourth-Corps .
2. Why can I only see unit commands sometimes and not whenever I click on a desired unit's location?
Same answer as above, but I'm not exactly sure.

I've never played the game where I didn't have control of the whole-army.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Terry4
Reactions:

Post by Terry4 »

Thanks for the help. In hearing it,it seems obvious but when new you just want to "fight the whole battle"!
cj6
Reactions:

Post by cj6 »

If it looks like you can move the unit, but they won't then you should check their status. They are likely broken or routed.

If you want full battle, then look for those scenarios. They are in the base game or the mods.