Two Games Coming Out This Month...

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Two Games Coming Out This Month...

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

[The Forest - May 22nd - Early Access]

http://survivetheforest.com/trailers/

[WatchDogs - May 27th]

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=10779

Might be a Good month after all.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Two Games Coming Out This Month...

Post by con20or »

The three 'The Forest' trailers you posted a while back definitely got my attention...
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

The three 'The Forest' trailers you posted a while back definitely got my attention...
I'll be watching a few videos that day I can tell you. It does looks interesting.

H1Z1 hopefully will be released sometime this summer (if you have heard about it). I'll be taking that for a test drive since it's an F2P game without the P2W scheme.

It looks like it will be an interesting summer.

Cheers.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Any news on The Forest, Mike? Im looking forward to seeing it, seems to be a spooky hi-res minecraft, with cannibals :)
Last edited by con20or on Fri May 30, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

i second that. very interesting.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

i second that. very interesting.
Hi.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

The game has incredible potential. The Cannibal A.I is very good, some of the best I have seen.

At the moment of the games release, the save game feature wasn't working. Come today or Tuesday they will be releasing a Hotfix to fix that issue along with a few other tweaks.

Now since it's a very small development team (one person coding, two for graphic design,and one PR) it would be best to hold off in purchasing the game until we see what happens with the hotfix.

Okay now down to the nitty gritty about the game. Here is one of the things I have experienced first hand in my first attempt (I posted this on Steam so copy, and paste works out great).
We all have played these games before, and we all most likely have seen some very weird, and buggy A.I behavior.

This game has nailed it properly. They are behaving exactly as I would expect them to behave. One will approach, and smell you out (like the leader of the group) all the while others of the pack will encircle you slowly, and quietly.

Case in point, when I first played the game I came face to face with a leader (he was the only one with two burning torches or candles on each side of his head), and we stared at each other. I soon realized as I turned slowly around other tribe members had me circled, and one directly behind me attacked. I panicked, and swiped at his head which knocked him back, and he took off running, and climbed a tree that would put any monkey to shame all the while another approached me from my right side (since I turned left to greet my first attacker), and attacked me, I fended that one off...

They must have smelled my fear because once I defended myself, and backed away they rushed me, and the leader of the pack spearheaded the attack. All I know is I put all of my energy into Escape the zombie mode, and hightailed it out of there dodging, and weaving like there was no tomorrow, and that is what it felt like because I knew there was no save game feature yet. Even when I was running, and weaving these hopped up on some exotic berry bohemians changed their attacks accordingly as I ran.

In the end I got away but barely.... Later that day I was starting to build a fire to cook food (no point in building a shelter). As I was hunting I pushed through some bush's, and came face to face with another of the lower than life species. I attacked this time, and I didn't let up... NOW what I found so freaking amazing here is as he lay on the ground I noticed his chest slowly moving up, and down (the devs really made it look real enough I can tell ya)... I actually stood there marveling over this... Then I raised my axe over my head, and brought it down toward his head. I then checked his chest to see if he was still breathing but an axe to the head like that finally put a quick end to him.

So, I now had several limbs along with my food I killed... Oh yeah, don't forget to wash up after killing those things because you can become infected.
This is just a very small part of what you can expect from this game. I do recommend it but only after they have fixed the save game issue.

Oh, you might be wondering why I would have limbs in my inventory. Well in this game since the Cannibals are ritualistic, and very superstitious you can ward them off by building an effigy, and attaching their body parts, and place it outside of your camp which will help in warding off other tribe members from wandering too close to your campsite, it's like a warning sign saying "come any closer, and you will end up like this" sort of deal.

One word of caution though, the naked, bare breasted females are the worst of the worst, and they are the most ferocious of the tribe members. Also be on the lookout as you wander through the forest, these Cannibals can climb trees, and they will drop down next to you if your not watching, and they will attack you.

I hope I helped out Con20or, and redcoat.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

cheers mick. i will definatly have an eye on this one. by the by im currently playing one of your other recommendations, the misery mod for stalker cop. not sure im going to actually thank you for it as i am currently a starving skin clad idiot with guns that are more dangerous if i throw them at my targets! no armour,no money,riddled with radiation and everyone and everything is way more dangerous than i am. cheers
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

cheers mick. i will definatly have an eye on this one. by the by im currently playing one of your other recommendations, the misery mod for stalker cop. not sure im going to actually thank you for it as i am currently a starving skin clad idiot with guns that are more dangerous if i throw them at my targets! no armour,no money,riddled with radiation and everyone and everything is way more dangerous than i am. cheers
Hey redcoat.

That misery mod is one heck of a mod to play. Stalker is one of the scariest games I have ever played, and with the misery mod it makes it about ten times worse.

I don't know if you have heard or not, there are fans of the original who released a full free edited version of Stalker.

Here is the link for the full game, it's called Stalker: Lost Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/downloads

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch this is absolutely, and one hundred percent legal guys, it's free.

Have fun redcoat, and good to hear from you.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

likewise mate!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

likewise mate!
:)