Coming Soon - The Battle of Wagram

Zeke
Reactions:

Re: Coming Soon - The Battle of Wagram

Post by Zeke »

Mini update:

Sorry it has been a while .......I have been busy in my work and personal life so had to put things on hold for a while OOB making wise but I have been keeping one eye on developments on the SOWG forum B) I have been quietly working on the Wagram OOB pack.

I have now split down the full Wagram OOB into seven smaller OOB's 3 for day one and 4 for day 2 also adding a couple more battles for good measure from the 5th coalition plus an overview of the Wagram battle.

I will post a large update with more detail at the weekend. B) :)

Zeke
Last edited by Zeke on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Hi Guys

As promised sorry I have been away from the forum for a bit due to work and personal commitments (nothing bad!) but back again. I’m sure that most of you are aware that the official SOWG team are now looking to make a jump into Napoleonic combat with Waterloo which I’m personally really looking forward to but to wet the appetite there were other battles that happened before that fateful day on June 18th 1815. So introducing one of the largest and bloodiest battles of the Napoleonic war…………….
The Battle of Wagram 5th and 6th July 1809.

This battle is huge so I give a warning now that slower machines may struggle with the larger OOBs
I have included an overview of the battle and also some accompanying Battle field maps that show the actual troop dispositions I have not included any new SOW maps as this is not possible at the moment but there are plenty to choose from. Okay I have split the Main OOB up into 7 smaller OOBs which represent the fighting over the two days these are:

Wagram1: 5th July Oudinot’s Advance

Wagram2: 5th July Davout’s Assault

Wagram3: 5th July The Austrian’s Counter Attack

Wagram4: 6th July Kolowrat’s Flank Assault

Wagram5_6th July Massena & Benadotte’s Advance

Wagram6: 6th July MacDonald’s Square

Wagram7: 6th July Rosenberg’s Attack

I have also included a full Wagram OOB it is big and depending on what troop ratio you play it needs a large map to play it on! I generally use the 1 to 4 or 1 to 8 ratio The units are represented as Battalion’s or Squadron’s and the number is representive of the official reports and accounts of the battle (I even did some research in the Paris archives when I was in France in May). It’s as accurate as I can make it however I have were there are information gaps so I have made a ‘guesstimate’ on occasions (nature of the OOB beast)I have also included a couple more of the Battles of the fifth coalition:

Battle of Raszyn

Battle of Sankt Michael

Battle of Raab

And

Battle of Znaim

Of course don’t forget that some OOB’s from this period have already been released Teugen-Hausen, Abensberg, Eckmühl and Aspern-Essling

There are also a couple more inclusions you may see old Boney in the flesh on the battlefield and added some British scot greys that make nice Saxon Cavalry as well as Russian Cossacks (they are not for this OOB but possibly for some work in the future ;) )

more updates soon I plan to release very soon just pulling it all together now

regards

Zeke

PS due to the wait I may make a couple of more inclusions to this pack ;) B)
Last edited by Zeke on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
WakelessREX
Reactions:

Post by WakelessREX »

This looks to be excellent. Looking forward to your OOBs. :)