Leaders wandering off to map edge

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
voltigeur
Reactions:

Leaders wandering off to map edge

Post by voltigeur »

Just wondering if others have seen this - often ( and I mean at least once per MP game) I notice that one of my leaders will be sitting at a map edge, usually at the opposite direction from where the fighting is. They are under ai control. Just looks like they have decided to wander off at some point (although their troops are not following them..) I am assuming this is a bug of some kind in 1.61?

cheers
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Leaders wandering off to map edge

Post by Davinci »

Is this with a modded drills file being used?

That is the only file that I'm aware of that would cause this type of behavior.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Funny (sort of) that this happens to me in SP sandbox when I minimize the game for a few minutes (10-20), except that it's not just leaders. It happens to all types of units but they end up at a map boundary very far away from where they were (all on friendly ai control). Also the units have moved much further than they seem to be able to move in the time when the game is minimized. Once I remembered to pause the game before minimizing it doesn't happen.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I don't think the base game is doing this. What mods are you running when this happens? You should send a bug report to the mod author.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah, we've never seen that issue with the base game. I would be incredibly surprised if it was a 1.61 bug, so most likely a mod issue.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

thanks for the info chaps.

Only Mods enabled are TC2m-CMP30-OOBs and Random maps 4 pack.

cheers
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

It's possible it could be in either of those mods. There could be a commander assigned an invalid formation, which could cause them to act strangely. Also could be a grayscale issue on one of the maps. Too many variables to know for sure. But next time it happens, check your SOWGB.log file for any errors.
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

I've got the mods mentioned by Voltiguer on, and B&F. and I use a lot of modded OOBs. I think I noticed the phenomenon before I installed GCM, but I use a selection of his mods (not his gameplay mod). It has happened at least on the Antietam (1) map, so it's not restricted to the Random maps. I will check log if/when it happens again. Thanks