Which napoleonic mods are the best?

RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Which napoleonic mods are the best?

Post by RebBugler »

hoping to resolve the mini-map "time freezing" soon
This is controlled in the gscreens.csv file. Find the new 'Map' line and in column D (Index) insert a 1, replacing 2 or 0.

Edit: Oops, column F
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit: Oops, column F
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

that did it!! for my file(s) though, Index is column F and the line # I needed to change was "89" (from a 0 to a 1)...

I'm close to being all set now except:

- the only NAP era map I have is Alpine, so i'll need to locate some more and then learn how to "add them" so they show up on my avail map list if playing a sandbox game

- and figure out what other players will need (OOB's, or MODS, maps, etc.) in order for me to host a MP game?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

There aren't any Napoleonic era maps. Our MP group plays on the ACW maps and just imagines the buildings are European and not American!

Garnier has released a lot of 'random maps' that are computer generated and lack any buildings. Those without many stone walls and forests have a slight feel of central Europe, so you could try those.

Other players in MP must have the same mods activated in the same order and the same maps. Only the host needs the OOB or scenario.
Last edited by Saddletank on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

so, there's no way to import maps used in the Kriegspiel or Blenheim mods? (they'd be a better fit I would think?)

(edit: never mind...guess they use the same maps as well!!!)
Last edited by JohnVW on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

If you have the KS Mod then you have the KS maps! All players must have the mod enabled though.

The Blenheim mod uses the basic Gettysburg maps and adds terrain to them - same buildings though. You could not enable the Blenheim mod to play Nap on those maps because the Blenhein mod has its own logistics folder. You'd have to disable the Blenheim mods logistics folder and toolbar by renaming them, or make a new mod called 'Blenheim Maps' or something and put the maps folder from Blenheim in there.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

thanks...what I did was create a 2nd mod folder (called it "Blenheim Maps for NAP") and copied every Blenheim file/folder into it except "logistics", activated it, and it seems to be working just fine; playing a sandbox waterloo game on the Blenheim map...