Just Given Pre Early Access to The Long Dark.

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Just Given Pre Early Access to The Long Dark.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hey Guys...

I have to say I was skeptical of the game, and what some people were saying about it. Then I was given access before the the Steam release, and I have to say that the video's just do not do the game justice.

You have to play it, and believe me I have been playing it allot since I got my hands on it, and there is no other game out there that actually is based on Choice, and Consequences, and even the smallest thing you do (good choice at the time) can turn deadly just as it should be.

I'm not advertising the game guys, I am only saying is that if your the type that is into "Player vs Environment" then trust me, this game has it in spades, and is worth every penny. As it stands now, this Sandbox Alpha has a map which appears small, but on the day of the Steam release it will far larger, actually four zones larger. Somewhere down the road it will eventually be 10 zones in total which will make it one large environment to survive in.

Anyway guys, I thought I would talk about it, and let you know that the things about the game are true, this is the only game outside of Unreal World, and Dwarf Fortress which does not take pity on you.

Make your choice, and you have to live with the consequences, there is no turning back just like in real life.

Here is the link guys: http://intothelongdark.com/
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Just Given Pre Early Access to The Long Dark.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Here is something else I just came across you might find interesting...

The Long Dark is a first-person post-disaster survival simulation, set in the Northern Wilderness. The game is developed by Hinterland Studio, a team of ex-triple A developers who've worked on major franchises including Mass Effect, Saints Row, Company of Heroes, Red Faction, Far Cry, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, God of War, and Dragon Age. The Long Dark emphasizes thoughtful, challenging survival gameplay that has players monitoring calories, thirst, fatigue, core temperature, and a host of other factors as they try to navigate a treacherous frozen wilderness. The game has already received accolades for its art style and challenging gameplay that refuses to "hold the player's hand".

Cheers.