Ultimate General: Gettysburg.

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Stellar Duck
Reactions:

Re: Ultimate General: Gettysburg.

Post by Stellar Duck »

He has.

At least he reviewed Pipe Creek and did an interview with Norb and Jim.
Last edited by Stellar Duck on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory since 1982
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

He has.

At least he reviewed Pipe Creek and did an interview with Norb and Jim.
Hmmm, rather odd he would make such a claim since he played it. It just doesn't make much sense really. Knowing this makes me take into question his opinion.

Now if he would have typed "One of the better Top Down RTS games about the American Civilwar" I would agree with him at least in part since I haven't played the game myself to agree fully or disagree.

I am aware that he mentioned Sid Meier's Gettysburg which makes total sense, but to say that Ultimate General is the only best American Civilwar game on the market is going pretty far, and in my opinion a bogus claim.

Oh well since I do not own it, this is all all I can say. One thing though, the graphics are very nice but I will be more interested in the A.I if anything else, and maybe having a Sandbox mode.

Cheers.
Stellar Duck
Reactions:

Post by Stellar Duck »

Just a heads up, in case anyone is playing this or interested in doing so.

The multiplayer component to the game was just added in the last few days.

I've only played one match myself and managed a victory after a brutal slog at McPhersons Ridge, but it was good fun and it's interesting playing against another human.
Snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory since 1982
FLGibsonJr
Reactions:

Post by FLGibsonJr »

http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/ult ... y-released

Ultimate General: Gettysburg was officially released on 16-Oct-2014 over on Steam.

I have not bought it yet, but I am curious.

Regards,

Gibson
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

it'sa pretty nifty little game. haven't had much ofg a chance to try it with SOWWl under development but i picked it up cheap in early access. The fact it has MP makes it even more attractive.