Modding War3DII

Badger
Reactions:

Modding War3DII

Post by Badger »

Nice article there bedbug, can't wait to get into modding now :D

What is the size of the maps that come with War3DII? What limits are there atm?

And are those ships merely decorations, or will they actually fight?

Great prospect!

cheers

badger
Von_Clausewitz
Reactions:

Re:Modding War3DII

Post by Von_Clausewitz »

Most importantly, will we have a napoleonic mod done fairly soon after the games' release? Because i frankly cannot wait to play a napoleonic battle with this engine.

The map in one of the screenshots looks huge/huge/huge which makes my mouth water at the prospects of a big strategical and tactical battle.
We could have la belle alliance, hougoumont, plancenoit and papelotte on the same waterloo map. Oh the prospects........

VC
Last edited by Von_Clausewitz on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Reactions:

Re:Modding War3DII

Post by Jim »

In terms of map size, there is a balance between size and detail. The GB maps are about 2.5 miles square because that is about as big as we can have with the large amount of detail needed to match historical reality. Bigger maps are possible within the game, but they must have reduced amounts of fences, crops, trees etc to avoid bringing the game to a halt. We haven't pushed the envelope to see how far it can go as yet with simple maps. There are scaling issues that need to be dealt with as well to make it all work as it should.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863