GB16 "The Right Range for Cannister"

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
born2see
Reactions:

GB16 "The Right Range for Cannister"

Post by born2see »

Just started this scenario and I have a question about VP's. The Battle Info says I need 5000 for a MV but my guy Hazard isn't getting objective points. They're going to some Brigade commander (Webb). I am I to understand that my points come from combat only or do I share in his?

I'm so confused... :S
Last edited by born2see on Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: GB16 "The Right Range for Cannister"

Post by RebBugler »

Just checked it out...

You must move ME to the objective, otherwise, your friendly will get the obj points, and YOU won't win.

This is confusing, especially when the scenario begins with another officer soaking up your points.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Thanks RB. I was just on the other side of this fight earlier today. Nobody came close to those guns. I hope I have the same fortune tonight. ;)

I was just reading Shelby Foote's account of the Third Day and he mentions the burning houses. Just another touch of realism which really makes this game.
Last edited by born2see on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
mkeogh76
Reactions:

Post by mkeogh76 »

This is an incredibly easy scenario to win even with HITS. All I did was move Captain Hazard to the victory location, order up Perrin's battery to the stone wall, and then just sat back and watched the points rack-up. With the exception of ordering a couple of my beat-up batteries to pull-back and occasionally moving Hazard around to take cover behind infantry, I did little except just watch the battle and that resulted in a major victory.

Yet, this was an AWESOME scenario! A great example of how SOW can really "wow" you. Sitting back and watching the Pickett-Pettigrew assault ebb and flow over Cemetery Ridge was a blast. The thousands of troops, the artillery shells, the charges, the retreats, and just the amazing epic of watching this pixel recreation of one of the most famous infantry assaults in American history play-out on my PC. (Granted the pixelated Rebs did a lot better than their real life counterparts- they punctured the Federal lines in several places. Of course, PC sprites are going to be a lot more willing to advance into a storm of lead and canister than real people.)